2019 EX Hatch windows issues - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

2019 EX Hatch windows issues

Hey everyone......I haven't posted in a few years...........and probably never from this account. But I just picked up my 3rd Civic in a row...........a sonic gray 2019 EX hatch. I traded my 2016 EX-T sedan, which I had traded my 2014 EX for. I hated my 2014 but absolutely loved the 2016. The '19 isn't much different than my 16 other than the hatch but I was curious what/if any downsides there are for the hatch over the sedan. It's too late now since I've already bought it, but still curious what you guys think. I was a little concerned with the possibility of extra road noise (like when I had the back seats down in the sedan) but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. Any issues or things I should be concerned about? Now to the main reason for my post. I bought the car on Thursday evening in Augusta, Maine. Unfortunately, I never thought to test the power window function before I left the dealership. I drove to my hotel in Auburn and went to bed. The next morning I hit the starbucks drive through and the window went down normally until about half way, then it crawled the rest of the way down. It also wouldn't come up. I had to grab the edge and help it up, while holding the switch. I tried the passenger window and it did the exact same thing. Rear windows were both fine. I went back to the dealership and they tried to brush it off as being frozen from the quick wash job they did the previous evening. I told them NOPE...........try it and you'll see. They did and agreed it wasn't ice causing it. They did some quick tests and some research and determined the mechanism that pushes against the glass as the window slides down into the door was defective. It seems very strange to me that this would happen to both windows, but they ordered the parts and will be swapping them out tomorrow. I certainly hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this one. My 2016 was a gem. Anyone heard of this or had this happen??
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

I just got back from the dealer. They replaced the window channels in both doors. Apparently there was a bad batch of channels as there has been numerous instances of this problem recently. The channels were crimped or twisted causing the window to not slide up and down the channel correctly. New ones are in and it they work fine now.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:27 PM

All's well that ends well.

2018 Hatchback Sport Touring.

Hyphenated.
Non-hyphenated.
Now that is irony.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page