Considering 2020 Si Coupe, reasonable pricing, things to watch out for? - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Considering 2020 Si Coupe, reasonable pricing, things to watch out for?

I'm a new member here, although not a new Civic owner. My first car was a 2000 Civic EX that I got when I was in college. I'm now 40 with two kids, and considering getting the Si coupe as my daily commute, due to the many high-praised review of this car (was considering WRX, but being swayed to the Si).

We currently have a GX 460 that my wife mainly drives and a Toyota Highlander (my daily commuter). As the kids are getting a little older we don't need two big cars. And it would be nice to get something with better mileage for my long 80 miles daily commute.

I drove stick shift cars before (including a 2001 Audi S4 that I had taken on a track and a 2004 Corolla S), and have sorely missed the feeling of driving a manual. Even the Corolla was fairly fun with the 5 speed.

Two questions, what is a reasonably OTD pricing for the Si Coupe? Anything I need to watch out for (e.g., reliability, quirks, driving experience, etc.)?

Thanks in advance guys! I hope to join back the Civic community soon!

Daniel
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 11:06 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak_la View Post
I'm a new member here, although not a new Civic owner. My first car was a 2000 Civic EX that I got when I was in college. I'm now 40 with two kids, and considering getting the Si coupe as my daily commute, due to the many high-praised review of this car (was considering WRX, but being swayed to the Si).

We currently have a GX 460 that my wife mainly drives and a Toyota Highlander (my daily commuter). As the kids are getting a little older we don't need two big cars. And it would be nice to get something with better mileage for my long 80 miles daily commute.

I drove stick shift cars before (including a 2001 Audi S4 that I had taken on a track and a 2004 Corolla S), and have sorely missed the feeling of driving a manual. Even the Corolla was fairly fun with the 5 speed.

Two questions, what is a reasonably OTD pricing for the Si Coupe? Anything I need to watch out for (e.g., reliability, quirks, driving experience, etc.)?

Thanks in advance guys! I hope to join back the Civic community soon!

Daniel

I hope I'm not too late with this but I would be sure to take that car for a long test drive. I leased a Honda Civic EXL in July 2019 and ended up turning it in after 6 weeks, only 1200 miles of excruciating back pain. The seats are very low and the headrest pushes your head way forward unnaturally. Also the side bolsters push your shoulders forward. No amount of seat cushions or adjustments to that seat could fix it. It took 3 months of physical therapy and several other doctors, massages to work it out of my back. I also lost alot of money!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in