10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Which 10th Gen Civic has better styling?

• 2016 Civic Sedan

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • 2016 Civic Coupe

Votes: 16 47.1%

Which looks better, the 2016 Civic Sedan or Coupe?

9K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  '13_Si 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that both the 2016 Civic Sedan and Coupe have been revealed, which one do you guys feel has better styling? It's a tough choice IMO.

Also, if you like the styling on one but would end up purchasing the other due to a different reason (like having 4 doors), PLEASE post this. We're interested to know!

See less See more
#2 ·
Earlier on I expected the coupe to look better, but I now like the sedan more. The rear of the sedan looks more cohesive. The spoiler on the coupe I think kinda ruins it. Also the bottom part of the bumper on the coupe looks weird with all that black stuff down there.

#3 ·
I honestly love how both versions turned out (here's hoping the hatch is a looker too). But my nudge goes to the coupe, which is what i plan on getting as well. The sloped back end of the coupe and super small trunk lid, the full width LED taillights that make their own little lip spoiler (kinda like cadillac does) all bring it together. Combine that with the shorter rear overhang compared to the sedan and the more muscular looking rear fenders (thanks to the tapered rear windows) make the coupe look almost Audi TT like in appearance (one of my dream cars based on looks alone). It looks like a proper little sports coupe.

#5 ·
That's part of it, but when they designed the coupe they had the roof and side windows taper inward as they went back to the rear windshield. That taper gave the coupe more bulging muscular rear fenders compared to the sedan (or the 9th gen coupe where the windows didn't taper).

#10 ·
I'm torn between the two but leaning towards the sedan, mostly because it's here first. The sedan has a more "executive" look imo. It kind of makes sense for me I guess (30s). The coupe is more youthful and sporty (obviously). They're both beautiful. The coupe will turn more heads.

#18 ·
I'm waiting on seeing the coupe in person before we make final decision. I wish they had that wraparound rear tail light on the sedan, I would probably just buy the sedan then instead of waiting until March. Leaning towards the coupe mainly based on that tail light.

Oh, and when I shopped for my 2006 Civic, the coupe was cheaper, probably because of elimination of material and labor involved in building a car with 2 doors, vs. 4 doors. So I wonder if that will be true for the 2016 model, or will they charge more for the coupe as they are doing with the Accord?

#24 ·
Coupes just aren't as practical. At the higher levels (luxury performance), it makes sense as a second vehicle for fun. But I just can't see many choosing the coupe over the sedan when they are thinking of which is going to be best for their everyday life.

#25 ·
Meh coming from a guy with no babies and friends who I maybe see one at a time and don't golf.... the coupe would work for me. But then again I bought a brz over an s2k for the trunk and back seat lolol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.