What to Hate or Love about the 2016+ Civic? - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 27Likes

post #1 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

What to Hate or Love about the 2016+ Civic?

Just about every vehicle has something to love or hate, and the 2016+ Civic is no different. At this point we've seen enough in person and online, forming a solid foundation to point out exactly what we Hate or Love. Now this is your opportunity to share those points, Honda might be watching
Smith likes this.
post #2 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:28 AM

6-Speed Manual transmission availability with ONLY the base model LX sedan is what I hate
post #3 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith View Post
6-Speed Manual transmission availability with ONLY the base model LX sedan is what I hate
Amen to that!

I was at Honda yesterday to service my 2007 Fit, and they had one '16 Civic in the showroom -- a black LX with auto trans. Overall I liked it very much, though I won't get the sedan (waiting for hatchback). There wasn't as much headroom front or rear as my Fit, and my hair was brushing the roof in back (I'm 6'-1"). The cockpit was very nice except the 4.5" touchscreen. All other trims get the 7" screen with CarPlay, so why punish LX buyers? When you're already paying $18k+ for a car, adding a couple $hundred for the infotainment system won't change the equation much -- except maybe to send potential buyers to a competing brand rather than settle for the substandard 4.5.

post #4 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 04:56 AM

I've had my car for just over 2 weeks and the one thing that's really missing is the sunglass cubby in the roof console I don't know why they left it out but I can't stand it but other than that haven't had any problems
post #5 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 02:38 AM

So far the major downside I've heard is the audio deck being buggy as heck.
BuhBob likes this.
post #6 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 09:20 AM

Wait whaa? What's wrong with the audio deck?
post #7 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
Headunit issues on the 2016 sedan have been to be laggy and freeze up, from what I have seen reported
post #8 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:55 AM

I hate that the 2 outer corners of the back seat are just pieces of plastic. I would rather pay more and have fabric there instead.
post #9 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
Reports of sound muting out on one side (resolved by changing stations or something like that), sound going out completely (resolved by unplugging the car battery), freezing of the UI, Color going monochrome (black/white) on the display and bluetooth instability.

It could just be that some of these guys were unlucky, but the general consensus so far is that the UI is definitely glitchy and laggy. Also it doesn't help that the dealerships and service centers have hardly a clue about how to support this new tech.
post #10 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 12:05 PM

Oh, hate how there's no Auxiliary input or CD player, lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page