Sunroof issues? - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Sunroof issues?

Has anyone had any issues with the sunroof in their civic?

I bought my 2016 Civic touring back on Feb 6 and three days later the sunroof stopped working properly, i had only used it once before that and it worked fine. This second time, the sunroof was stuck in a tilted position with whole right side of the sunroof not being able to get back on the track and close properly. I took it back to the dealer and they determined that the sunroof motor needed to be replaced so they ordered the new part and I was given my car with the sunroof fully closed and made an appt. to come back when the new motor came in.

Second visit, I go in to have the new sunroof motor installed; when taking apart the sunroof assembly they discovered that the sunroof cables on one side were badly worn and so they determined that the track on one side was the culprit. So now, I'm told that they'll need to replace the entire assembly, which apparently is back-ordered nationwide according to American Honda Motor Co.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:58 PM

Not that I've seen on the forum yet but if it's back ordered then I assume more people are having the same problem. How long will it take to ship your dealership the needed parts?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

The part would come in on March 21st. But they said they're trying to expedite it, although I'm not sure how'd they do that if the part is basically not available.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 06:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
Not that I've seen on the forum yet but if it's back ordered then I assume more people are having the same problem. How long will it take to ship your dealership the needed parts?
Being backordered can also mean its not a common part to blow, so they don't have any sitting around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Western Massachusetts USA

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCivicTouringMA View Post
Being backordered can also mean its not a common part to blow, so they don't have any sitting around
(I think we are agreeing here… I don't think I read your post that way the first time.) It can also mean it was a part they expected essentially no demand for on a car this young in its life, so even a few wipes out the warehouse stock. If we were talking about an end-of-cycle 2015, the case for a part that was having a lot pf problems in the field would be a lot clearer. Another negative indicator is that this is a one-of-one post so far in the forums that I recall.

Last edited by dick w; 03-01-2016 at 06:55 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 PM

I have had my EX since mid Nov and live in So California where the mornings can be chilly and the afternoons warm. I have cycled my Moonroof many times with no problems at all. I hope they fix it for you soon.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

Annoying problem but at least it isn't anything integral to the functioning of the car. You aren't really missing out on much by having no sunroof for a little bit. Hopefully it gets fixed fast, and it isn't a problem with other peoples. Do let us know how things turn out though.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments and support.
As of today, my car is still with the dealer until they can return it to me fully functional. They got me in a rental free of charge for the time being. Really sux but I guess it could worse.
RedCivicTouringMA likes this.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 07:35 PM

Same thing happened to me. I just purchased my ex-l and was about to drive off the lot. Boom sunroof tilts to one side and wont close. Wont actually get to drive the car until Thursday.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Good thing it happened on the lot. Once you get into your civics again, just sit there for a while and mess around with the sun roof before leaving the lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page