10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First look at the guts of Gen 10. The centre stack has been revised as has the double decker instrument cluster...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wow!!!!!! Doesn't look like my guesses were too far off. Depending on what trim level this is, looks like they got rid of the iMID and did a standard 5" touchscreen and the bigger 7" will be on EX and above. They did the higher shifter tunnel like i wanted from the HRV. No flat bottom steering wheel, but this is a sedan (could be a coupe only feature or higher trims only) I was spot on with the top mounted vents. Doesn't look like we got the digital gauge cluster, but you can't really tell, could be digital in there, just have to wait and see.

Overall i like it alot. I can see hints from the Fit and HRV. Looks pretty nice, relatively upscale. Cant wait to see more!!!

People will be happy, they kept the volume knob (at least on the smaller screen version). I also notice how they got around doing the sliding armrest by making the padded area wrap around the cup holders. Very interesting. The seat fabric looks like a nice woven cloth material too. Hope the coupe adds a couple sporty touches like a flat bottom steering wheel and the door handles like the current coupe has.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I love what they did with the interior.
Aside from what you guys mentioned about the center stack, that storage compartment in front of the shifter looks quite handy, great for stashing your phone, keys etc.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I love what they did with the interior.
Aside from what you guys mentioned about the center stack, that storage compartment in front of the shifter looks quite handy, great for stashing your phone, keys etc.
I'd like if that had a sliding door on it so it could be shut/covered, granted this is a tester, so they may ad that or it could be an upper trim feature only. Pretty sure we're looking at a base LX model in both these and the exteriors.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just noticed i totally called the break hold and electronic parking break as well! I knew my marketing know how would come in handy with these guesses. lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could do that interior. At least it looks like the inner door panel has more style to it than the HR-V. I hope they put the dash shot up on the Future cars on Honda.com

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I could do that interior. At least it looks like the inner door panel has more style to it than the HR-V. I hope they put the dash shot up on the Future cars on Honda.com
Right? Now that it's leaked they might as well shot the interior on the official website. Maybe show an upper trim. Judging by the setup with the radio and HVAC looks like single zone climate control is standard now. I figure with the space given the upper trims get the bigger 7" touch screen up top and loses most of the buttons if not all and the HVAC has plenty of space for the touch screen controls from the HRV.

Also looks like they used the same matte black plastic on the center stack surround as they have in the base coupes now. Hoping the EX has a different black, piano black would look awesome. And do a faux carbon fiber in the Si.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks clean and straightforward. I hated the 2-tier digital dash ever since it was introduced in 2006. I'm glad to see is Honda is getting back to it's simple and functional roots. I hope the rest of the car follows the same path. I miss the simplicity of the Integra...it would be nice to have that in a newer nicer package.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
is it just me or in the one picture does it not look like analogue gauges???

Kind of hoping they do a mix. I can see the rpm gauge. Hoping the speedo is digital and mounted in the center of that like the crz. I don't really care either way, just dont make it as flat and dull as the accord gauge cluster

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am to the place where I like having regular gauges but a small color screen between them that has functions, one being a speedometer. The HR-V [and Fit] has the round "gauge" on the right of the speedometer that has certain functions, but no digital speed. Oddly, you can see "Average Speed",. . . . . . . for a reason that I can't figure out why I would need to know that.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Also hoping they change the bottom post of the steering wheel, make it silver and do a mesh insert in the middle (like the 8th gen) or just cut it out and leave it open. Having that big sculpted piece of plastic all painted one color is terrible looking.

Still holding out hope for a flat bottom steering wheel on the coupe. lol.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Also hoping they change the bottom post of the steering wheel, make it silver and do a mesh insert in the middle (like the 8th gen) or just cut it out and leave it open. Having that big sculpted piece of plastic all painted one color is terrible looking.

Still holding out hope for a flat bottom steering wheel on the coupe. lol.
I like the steering wheel as seen here, but that's not to say i wouldn't want anything extra, anything extra would just be a great bonus.

Thankful they didn't go with a steering wheel that looks like it belongs in an odyssey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kind of hoping they do a mix. I can see the rpm gauge. Hoping the speedo is digital and mounted in the center of that like the crz. I don't really care either way, just dont make it as flat and dull as the accord gauge cluster
I 100% agree with you. Hopefully it's same concept as the new Pilot but different.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I like the steering wheel as seen here, but that's not to say i wouldn't want anything extra, anything extra would just be a great bonus.

Thankful they didn't go with a steering wheel that looks like it belongs in an odyssey
idk, something about it all being that same flat color... even my 14 civic uses a different black on the bottom and side posts. like a darker shinier black even. Granted this is the base LX so maybe the upper trims would be different. But id hope since the car is still like 3-4 months away they're still making tweaks to everything.

Also noticed the phone buttons have moved up onto the wheel where the radio controls are. Not sure why they did that, seem more cluttered and confusing to me, as long as they add a mute button i'll be happy. That just seems like a lot of buttons to have in that one area.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
idk, something about it all being that same flat color... even my 14 civic uses a different black on the bottom and side posts. like a darker shinier black even. Granted this is the base LX so maybe the upper trims would be different. But id hope since the car is still like 3-4 months away they're still making tweaks to everything.

Also noticed the phone buttons have moved up onto the wheel where the radio controls are. Not sure why they did that, seem more cluttered and confusing to me, as long as they add a mute button i'll be happy. That just seems like a lot of buttons to have in that one area.
Unless its not fully trimmed inside. The wheel does look unfinished, almost like the silver insert for the bottom stem wasn't bothered with...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I am glad that they simplified the interior. They were getting a little bit out of control with some of their previous interiors. It's not the most beautiful interior ever in this prototype form, but I appreciate that it looks quite functional.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Unless its not fully trimmed inside. The wheel does look unfinished, almost like the silver insert for the bottom stem wasn't bothered with...
Yea i also notice that the door panels are shiny plastic. I hope those get covered with cloth (like my 9th gen) or at least get a textured plastic (like the 8th gen) Flat smooth shiny plastic looks so cheap there.

I assume since this is a tester the steering wheel probably isn't totally painted, the door panels are unfinished, etc. After the interior quality issues honda had with the 2012 civic they best learned their lessons about making cheap looking interiors.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea i also notice that the door panels are shiny plastic. I hope those get covered with cloth (like my 9th gen) or at least get a textured plastic (like the 8th gen) Flat smooth shiny plastic looks so cheap there.

I assume since this is a tester the steering wheel probably isn't totally painted, the door panels are unfinished, etc. After the interior quality issues honda had with the 2012 civic they best learned their lessons about making cheap looking interiors.
AGREED. And Toyota upped the Corollas game BIG time for the current gen. Civic Sedan needs to be on par at least or they risk decimation in the volume game IMO. Coupes and Enthusiasts they'll still win no doubt, but its Jane Smith and her husband John in the Chicagoland area that Toyota and Honda go all guns for...

1 - 20 of 121 Posts