10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the Honda Civic Concept at the New York Auto Show, Wild-Speed created this render of what a future 10th-gen Civic Type R could look like. I have to say that it looks great and very accurate as well.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The one problem though is that aside from 3rd gen (FN2/FD2), Type R's are hatch only. That doesn't mean the work isn't well done, just that its perhaps off the mark slightly...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The one problem though is that aside from 3rd gen (FN2/FD2), Type R's are hatch only. That doesn't mean the work isn't well done, just that its perhaps off the mark slightly...
Very true. It's nothing more than someones dream of what a Type R coupe could end up looking like.

Instead what would have been more in line with what we'll be getting is an Si Coupe rendering :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It still looks quite beautiful, and they are making some pretty big changes with the 10th gen so you can't be 100% sure that they will do a hatch with the next Type R. They could always surprise us. The quad centre exhaust pipes are awesome.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
True.

Those changes could bring forward some things we didn't originally expect from them.

A 2-door Type R would be sweet.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that a sedan is more likely than a two-door version for the Type R, but like I said before, who knows what they will surprise us with.

I think the back end of this render looks amazing. It would be cool if the eventual 10th-gen Type R could use some of these elements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts