10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are guys out there that have already put together a list of mods for their new 10thgen !

LETS HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED !

·
Registered
959 Posts
I know there are guys out there that have already put together a list of mods for their new 10thgen !

LETS HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED !
First mod I WANT is a tune... They're coming turbo now, lets take advantage and get into that ECU and turn up the wick!! Just a psi or two I promise >:)

Maybe a tow hook with drift charms so people will know I can really drive. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it !
Quick easy power with the tune ~!
Im interested to see about the clutch and flywheel's i like a heavier petal. Im hoping http://www.fidanza.com comes out with a flywheel, I have used their stuff in my other cars and I love the feel of the lightweight flywheel, plus i have learned to drive with a lightweight flywheel now ! LOL

·
Registered
991 Posts
My first mod would be some rims if I can find some that I like more than whatever the stock ones end up being. I would also consider blacking out some of the silver and chrome trim.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I like it !
Im interested to see about the clutch and flywheel's i like a heavier petal. Im hoping http://www.fidanza.com comes out with a flywheel, I have used their stuff in my other cars and I love the feel of the lightweight flywheel, plus i have learned to drive with a lightweight flywheel now ! LOL
Let me guess, your daily driver has a lightweight flywheel? :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
I like it !
Whats your other car that you have used this on?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just have a 05 civic, its paid off so im keeping it while i save up for a 10th gen!

Yes sir, I like it, its fun to drive and a pretty cheap upgrade. ;)
yea its a great 'perception' mod as well IMO, the result feels much better then the actual result. I mean that in a good way... greater then the sum of its parts is better i guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea its a great 'perception' mod as well IMO, the result feels much better then the actual result. I mean that in a good way... greater then the sum of its parts is better i guess.
I saw a couple guys saying they are thinking they are going do exhaust. Thats another great, fast, sometimes "cheap" upgrade. I would be interested to see which companies come out with an exhaust first and what type of power increase they will be.

Im excited for the new civic and seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for it !!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
While it will long the lines of a cheap upgrade depending on the configuration, i'll be interested in seeing how someone works this into a larger plan for modifications and how all that comes together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While it will long the lines of a cheap upgrade depending on the configuration, i'll be interested in seeing how someone works this into a larger plan for modifications and how all that comes together.
I wish I had the money to plan a full build that wouldnt take me 10 yrs to complete. LOL
Thats why i asked what everyone else was planning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Type R is SO well refined and engineered to be PERFECT in the exact way it comes, I just don't know... It really is a very well rounded perfect vehicle straight out of the factory.

Tune... the ONLY thing id consider immediately. I'll wait to see what companies put out.
What people may over look is the fact that this is a Turbo engine. For those who have never messed around with these, you cant just crank the PSI up and reflash and get MOAR POWAH... Well you will, then youll throw a rod through your hood...
You better figure out what the internals can handle before you start cranking up the PSI.
Rods, pistons, rod bolts, main bolts, head bolts, compression ratio, larger injectors, upgraded fuel pump to handle the increased flow of fuel, maybe even a larger turbo if you want that big of a PSI bump.
Don't even get me started on intercooler, who knows how large the stock one is and how much it can handle. Redline your Type R on a hot summer day with the stock intercooler and too much PSI and you may end up with a useless hunk of metal. Detonation isn't fun.

Every single 10th gen model will carry a new turbo engine. This is a whole new ball game compared to Naturally Aspirated VTEC that were used to.
Forget your high compression retune game plan. Ever heard of Turbo season? Well its a real thing, summers suck if you aren't running the right intercooler.

Suspension?
I wouldn't even dare putting different coils/suspension on it until I see test proven improvements from a reputable company. The front suspension is the whole reason this thing holds the record on the Ring.

Brakes? Nope, four piston Brembos.. How could you get better.

Intake? LOL nope. I'm not that stupid to believe an AEM short ram will give me "25% more ponies" Yeah maybe with a professional tune a TRUE cold air may offer 2-5 HP.. But 306 HP out of 2.0 is already impressive. I trust the factory air box is designed to offer the best with this engine. I'll give it a couple years before I ponder that part of the system.

Exhaust? I'll wait to see what it sounds like out of the factory. No one likes a fart can so ill wait for a tig welded mandrel bent dyno proven exhaust until I change it out.

Interior? Nope.

Exterior? are you crazy.

Rant over.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree with you.

The mention of an aftermarket air intake is true, if anything it might just be better to help funnel air better to the stock setup if it's not already optimized for this.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well whats nice about tunes, is that you don't have to go full on. You can get simple, preset maps that will simply richen your AFM. They come so lean from the factory to increase fuel mileage, that returning it to a 'normal' state is an excellent small mod that feels great on the butt dyno. The car is just that much more eager...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts