10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
well whats nice about tunes, is that you don't have to go full on. You can get simple, preset maps that will simply richen your AFM. They come so lean from the factory to increase fuel mileage, that returning it to a 'normal' state is an excellent small mod that feels great on the butt dyno. The car is just that much more eager...
Very true and it's one of the ways to unlock a good amount of power, more than what you'd get from an aftermarket exhaust setup, short ram intake or cold air intake.

Combine those 3 and you'll have a sweet setup!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My first mod would be some rims if I can find some that I like more than whatever the stock ones end up being. I would also consider blacking out some of the silver and chrome trim.
I havent looked whats the bolt pattern for the 10gen does anyone know?
You could pry start looking for wheel right now lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
While it will long the lines of a cheap upgrade depending on the configuration, i'll be interested in seeing how someone works this into a larger plan for modifications and how all that comes together.
Yeah I would love to see someones plan for a FULL build from start to finish!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
1. Exhaust
2. Throttle Body / Exhaust Manifold PnP'd
3. turbo cams
4. intake
5. E85 tune

Should be near 400whp/400whtq
That's a good amount of power to expect, is it just going to be for street use or do you have plans to take it to the track as well? That sort of power on the track would be sweet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
if civic x is 1.5 turbo (Lx, ex) for me, the first power mod will be intake, charge pipe upgrade + blow off value

follow by intercooler upgrade & cat back exhaust

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
if civic x is 1.5 turbo (Lx, ex) for me, the first power mod will be intake, charge pipe upgrade + blow off value

follow by intercooler upgrade & cat back exhaust
An ECU tune would be great to add to that list as we're working with a turbo setup, i'm sure there's some decent increase in power we can get without pushing it, something to complement what you already have listed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
An ECU tune would be great to add to that list as we're working with a turbo setup, i'm sure there's some decent increase in power we can get without pushing it, something to complement what you already have listed.

yup, ecu tune is a must..

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Forgot to mention, LED lighting!

Went full LED with a couple of my older vehicles and now I can't see myself not going that same direction with any future vehicle of mine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anything that is basically bolt on that if shown, they will improve handling. Also road noise reduction (if deemed necessary), possibly an exhaust (need to hear the stock version) and a personalized visual look (tweeks) to the exterior. Maybe rims (certainly tires) and some not too dark window tint.

No engine mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the Type R a tune program for the suspension. From what I've read, the R suspension is too harsh for anything but smooth roads, both in handling and comfort. I'd be looking for an ECU-type tune that can separate, or create, the various R settings so I can set the suspension, steering, and throttle response where I want them individually, or a set-up where the R mode is automatic depending on throttle & gear selection.

For either the Si or R - a leather piece to put over the shift knob. The metal one on our '12 Si can't be used without a glove in hot or cold weather.
We tied a piece on ours within the first week of ownership and enjoy the freedom of a terrific shifter without having to wear driving gloves.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
For the Type R a tune program for the suspension. From what I've read, the R suspension is too harsh for anything but smooth roads, both in handling and comfort. I'd be looking for an ECU-type tune that can separate, or create, the various R settings so I can set the suspension, steering, and throttle response where I want them individually, or a set-up where the R mode is automatic depending on throttle & gear selection.

For either the Si or R - a leather piece to put over the shift knob. The metal one on our '12 Si can't be used without a glove in hot or cold weather.
We tied a piece on ours within the first week of ownership and enjoy the freedom of a terrific shifter without having to wear driving gloves.

How about alcantara on the shifter instead of leather?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts