10th Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the LX, it has a pretty weak sound system. only 4 speakers, not very good ones. I am saving for a killer sound system.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't own one yet (just got my wife a "new" car). May be a while, but the EX-T is what I'm hoping to get someday. First mod? Tint windows.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
OP should get a poll going on here and include the top 10 common first modifications. From that it will be cool to see where everyone falls and what we can expect from owners as products become available. And on that note of availability, has anyone taken advantage of some of the exterior aero parts we can get right now?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Flash Pro

·
Registered
126 Posts
Playing around with some numbers today, it seems like our factory motor is underrated from the factory with 179 hp at the wheels (whp), that equates to 210 crank hp. With the Hondata reflash putting down 207 whp that brings it up to almost 244 crank hp. I think that is higher than what Honda will likely advertise for the Si model, so I'd expect 225-230 advertised hp for the Si model with just a tuning change in the Honda ECU. I don't see them going much higher than that. I think that will be easily attained on our 1.5l motors by going with the Hondata Flashpro or reflash upgrade, an intake and exhaust mod could take it even higher but that also applies to the Si model. I think the Si will be a welcomed addition, but I already bought my Touring Coupe so my quest is to boost it up to Si levels or just slightly above it, nothing crazy though.

I don't think I'll try any exhausts, my loud exhaust days are behind me for daily drivers, I appreciate a quiet exhausts when it comes to daily driver cars, I've got a louder exhaust on my other Honda so that is enough for me. An intake is always a possibility, or an upgraded intercooler if one ever comes available. The OEM intercooler looks pretty good with a bar and plate design if I'm seeing that correctly, anxious to see what may come from the aftermarket in terms of larger intercoolers in a bar and plate design.

·
Super Moderator
424 Posts
1-Weather tech mats. 2-Headlight upgrade. 3-speaker upgrade. 4-Blackout all chrome. 5-Window tint. 6-18" wheels and tires. 7-Flash pro. 8-Redo seats in leather. That's going to be expensive,I think I will just get a hatch sport touring instead. HONEY WHERES THE CHECK BOOK ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
2017 FK7 owner

Being that the 10th gen is uncharted territory for me I have lots of reading to do. They always say "go with what you know" so I'm sure first upgrades will be the typical I/E and maybe suspension

·
Registered
9 Posts
Playing around with some numbers today, it seems like our factory motor is underrated from the factory with 179 hp at the wheels (whp), that equates to 210 crank hp. With the Hondata reflash putting down 207 whp that brings it up to almost 244 crank hp. I think that is higher than what Honda will likely advertise for the Si model, so I'd expect 225-230 advertised hp for the Si model with just a tuning change in the Honda ECU.
Honda jumped into the turbo powerplant with both feet because they can tune it to suite the needs of the vehicle it's being used in. One engine, multiple applications. Example:

Civic: 174 HP / 162 pound-feet of torque
CRV: 190 HP / 179 pound-feet of torque

Same engine, different tune.

The thing that upsets me about the 10th Si is mainly all the people knocking it due to being a 1.5L - Honda does not need the displacement as they have a very efficient engine. It is painfully obvious that the people talking **** have also not driven an L15B7 powered vehicle as they would know it's got tons of potential. I'll take direct injection, a turbo, and VTC on both cams over VTEC anyday (and I daily a K20Z3).

Once we get about 1000 miles on the car I'm going to start upgrading - can't wait :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought my civic on the 9th of November.
First thing I want to upgrade is the low beam headlights, thinking of going with either LEDs or HID.

Any suggestions or recommendations regarding LED lightbulbs would be greatly appreciated and !

·
Registered
382 Posts
i believe the consensus is LED is a brighter 'white' light...but HID's still provide better light down the road.

or, a simpler cheaper solution would be to get a better, brighter halogen bulb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought my civic on the 9th of November.
First thing I want to upgrade is the low beam headlights, thinking of going with either LEDs or HID.

Any suggestions or recommendations regarding LED lightbulbs would be greatly appreciated and !
Check out cougar motor LED's. They are 7200 lumens (3600/bulb), they're about $40-45 on Amazon, and they look amazing and are easy to install. I used to be big on HID's but with advancements on LED's they are now cheaper, brighter, and more reliable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Forgot to mention, LED lighting!

Went full LED with a couple of my older vehicles and now I can't see myself not going that same direction with any future vehicle of mine.

What brand for led's do you recommend... I just picked up a 2017 si coming from a Mercedes Gla with xenon lights... I need to change these lights pronto

·
Registered
20 Posts
My side signal lights, the ugly yellow, is there a way to put a different cover over that so it not yellow but black or smoked? Btw I have a 2017 10 gen civic si

·
Registered
3 Posts
hondata

can't wait to get that and plug it into my 2017 si they say it will give you at least 232hp and 320lbft of torque with stock clutch. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
can't wait to get that and plug it into my 2017 si they say it will give you at least 232hp and 320lbft of torque with stock clutch. any thoughts?
The stock clutch is known to slip at 280ish TQ.VitViper just upgraded his clutch on his SI.He also is using the Ktuner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also, I need a place to put my sunglasses...
Totally this! Good news for you though...

My old car had an overhead console with a flip-down sunglass holder, so I was spoiled. 10th gen Civic has no such thing.
...or so I thought!

If you look on the center console, driver's side, right next to your knee - that lower, partly hidden cubby area with the USB port - it wraps around the side. You'll find a sunglass pocket built into that part that wraps around.

The only problem with it is that it's shallow, so for glasses with any real curve to them, or glasses made of plastic like my Oakleys, you'll find you need to dock them in there with one or both of the arms hanging over... which isn't as bad as it sounds. It works.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts