10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like with all the recent interest being generated in the 10th Gen Civic, Honda decided to take a prototype out for a little dog and pony show, becauses lets be serious, prototypes are all about publicity, you don't think they could hide them if they REALLY wanted to? ;)

·
Registered
991 Posts
I like how the rear of the car is looking. What is with the strange shape of the hood? Is it some type of add-on just for the prototype or is it an actual shape on the hood.

Looks like it is probably really close to being production ready. It looks put together.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, are they doing away with the tiny window section in front of the side mirrors? Are they going with the traditional wipers?

A part of me thinks this may not be "the 2016 Civic", but something else.

·
Registered
876 Posts
This is just what I thought it would turn out like, good to see that NOW we get a good look at it instead of having to wait till later this year or after that to see what it will look like.

As far as sizing goes, it looks to be as big as the 8th generation civic was or maybe a bit bigger.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, are they doing away with the tiny window section in front of the side mirrors? Are they going with the traditional wipers?

A part of me thinks this may not be "the 2016 Civic", but something else.
Oh yea? Too small to be an accord, too large to be a FIT sedan... yet not a Civic...????

·
Registered
876 Posts
Another thing i noticed which i'm really liking is how they have what's probably going to be a rear integrated spoiler like on the 9th generation coupe and sedan, but this time around it seems to be more pronounced and better integrated with the design of the rest of the rear end.

9th generation civic sedan rear:

·
Registered
959 Posts
This one seems to of slipped through the cracks...

it really is getting LARGE, like Accord large. Which may lend favour to the rumour of a FIT sedan being brought over...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thankfully it's looking better here, helps to see it with less camo and some paint.
Honda might be making the case for it's bigger size with a sedan that sits under it, a compact sedan.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thankfully it's looking better here, helps to see it with less camo and some paint.
Honda might be making the case for it's bigger size with a sedan that sits under it, a compact sedan.
this thing looks like its overlapping with accord... its unreal...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Comparing these pictures to a side profile of current Civic and Accord (comparing overhangs) they look much more like an Accord model. Could make sense both will share platform.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts