10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the itch to replace my daily commuter.

I sure like the look of the 15 SI - and from what I have read there will not be a 16 SI, well at least not for a while.

The new 16 sedan looks ok - but the images of the 16 coupe (to me)don't look that great, it's like they got some inspiration from Hyundai.

I know the 16 will have a Turbo and probably 230 hp, and a nicer leather soft touch interior.

but when I look at both 15 SI and 16 coupe there's no contest... anyone care to provide some insights?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Well, depends I guess. Personally I would not get the 9th gen as it has not ever been a favorite in general of the Si generations. The new car will not be a little better, it will be much, much better than the current one. Yes, we do not know the specifics yet but currently the basic 16 EX-T is beating the the 15 Si in races! I'd say it's safe to say the upcoming Si will be faster than the EXT lol so we should be looking at great things.

Overall the new Civic is a huge leap for the car, I would prefer getting the new giant leap over the car that caused them to need to leap forward so bad. I looked at a 9th gen Si a couple years ago and it was okay, but just ok. The new one I will own. (That's the plan anyway, come on flipping Si!)

Also, the new Si will look better due to the unique parts, wheels, bumpers and the like too. Hard to compare right now. I too do not care for the current coupe as seen but those optional wheels are not helping it out any either. I think the Si will look just fine.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The new civic coupe looks better in real life than it does in renderings but it's ultimately up to you. Are you willing to wait?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree 110% on the point Razer was tring to make. The new Si will be better than the current Si. With how well the EX-T is looking you can only expect the Si version to be better. Honda has perfected variable valve timing engines and now incorporating in turbos... 1.5T beating out 2.4?! So... Just wait my friend. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love our 9th gen Si, great little car. Sporty, good looking and economical. Not perfect but a true blast.

Let's say you get a 9th gen. Even if a very good deal, it's almost certain you will regret it within a few weeks. New is really cool.

"It's not what s... you have, it's how new is your s..." Or Si

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I have the itch to replace my daily commuter.

I sure like the look of the 15 SI - and from what I have read there will not be a 16 SI, well at least not for a while.

The new 16 sedan looks ok - but the images of the 16 coupe (to me)don't look that great, it's like they got some inspiration from Hyundai.

I know the 16 will have a Turbo and probably 230 hp, and a nicer leather soft touch interior.

but when I look at both 15 SI and 16 coupe there's no contest... anyone care to provide some insights?
The 2016 Sedan can blow the doors off the 2015 Si, if you really want an Si, then wait you will be disappointed seeing all the 2016 Sedans smoking you

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
As mentioned before going for the giant leap is going to be rewarding but then again your concern for when the Si will drop is another thing that makes waiting difficult. Ultimately patience pays off, with a lot of things in life, remember this is a long term buying decision. Wait for the 10th Si to drop, check it out, and then make your decision.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I figure the chrome bar will either become black chrome or gloss black on the Si models to help differentiate them a bit.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I figure the chrome bar will either become black chrome or gloss black on the Si models to help differentiate them a bit.
If they can take that up a notch with some pinstriping that will help. Much like what i've seen 9th and 8th owners do, adding red pinstriping around the grille.

It's something you look at and think "yeah that belongs on a sport honda"

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If they can take that up a notch with some pinstriping that will help. Much like what i've seen 9th and 8th owners do, adding red pinstriping around the grille.

It's something you look at and think "yeah that belongs on a sport honda"
Yea, i could see them adding a red pinstripe somewhere on the front as well, similar to some of the Si/Type R renders people have come up with. Along with the appropriate Si badging honda has always used.

Just god please no red seats... can't stand the red seats in the 9th gen...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on how bad you want out of your current car. Nothing wrong with getting a used Si now and a used 10th gen Si in a few years.

We don't really know specs or pricing of the next Si. It's pretty much guaranteed to have a turbo. To me that's the real question: do you want something with a turbo?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm personally a fan of red seats; but not in the way Honda did them for the 8th-9th gen Si. It seemed too half assed, it's like they took some standard Civic seats and just wrapped them in alcantara, red mesh inserts and stitched on some Si logos.

Honda sort of got it right with the EP3, as those were very close to being Recaro style seats and stood out from other Civics...the only thing that was bad was they had no lumbar support and are pretty uncomfortable after about an hours worth of driving.

The Fiesta/Focus ST did a pretty good job, Recaro seats that are unique to the model and fit in very nice with the overall interior theme.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yea, i could see them adding a red pinstripe somewhere on the front as well, similar to some of the Si/Type R renders people have come up with. Along with the appropriate Si badging honda has always used.

I know right.

One color scheme for the seats is black with red stitching, done like this:

Although they may not do exactly that, they're bound to do something that pops enough. Typically these special theme's from Honda stand out to some extent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts