10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
That is amazing. I think you're the only one on the forum with a performance build which is great !

All you did was remove the limiter ? Or decat and all of that good stuff ?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Isn't the limit set in the ECU.And exactly how did you go about this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is amazing. I think you're the only one on the forum with a performance build which is great !

All you did was remove the limiter ? Or decat and all of that good stuff ?
Thank you. We remove it via our tuning box which still in development phase. Hopefully we can release next month.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Isn't the limit set in the ECU.And exactly how did you go about this.
Many countries in Asia have speed- limited cars. In North America our cars are not speed limited. Our top speeds are usually drag limited or gearing limited so they can achieve full top speed if needed.

Not that I would ever drive that fast on a public road as I would be in a heap of trouble with our street racing/stunt driving laws in my region. If we get caught going 50+ km/hr over the limit you can basically kiss your life good-bye.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many countries in Asia have speed- limited cars. In North America our cars are not speed limited. Our top speeds are usually drag limited or gearing limited so they can achieve full top speed if needed.

Not that I would ever drive that fast on a public road as I would be in a heap of trouble with our street racing/stunt driving laws in my region. If we get caught going 50+ km/hr over the limit you can basically kiss your life good-bye.
We already check the USA 10th Civic 1.5T also same as Asia. The speed limit is 207 km/h (128 mph).

Yes I agree with you, is not good to test in the public road. Best is test in the track.

·
Registered
922 Posts
A lot of North American vehicles come with governors and limiters.

Testing grounds are testing grounds though... We've all done things at some point, and some of us still do it ;)

It's the feeling of being alive !

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I can't imagine going that fast on any road as the car starts to feel unstable at certain speeds. Felt like a gust of wind could just push you to the side.

·
Registered
213 Posts
>:)CivicDuty hates "rev hang" somebody come up with a fix for him ASAP!
Yep, you got me! :D Some posters say you eventually get used to it and learn how to adapt your "three pedal dance", but I've been shifting manuals without DBW since the 60's, and will probably take some time to adjust.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Changed mine to 254 MPH in flash pro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts