10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Made my first new car purchase at the end of November and snatched up a blue 2017 Civic EX hatch.

I'd been watching the 10th gen cars for a while, but when the hatchback first surfaced, I fell for it hard! Made a trip to the local dealership on a whim one afternoon after I'd seen some hatchbacks show up in their inventory only to find out that the dealership was running a 20% off MSRP deal on all new vehicles...my plan to wait until Spring to trade in my pickup got thrown out the window right then and there. Was kind of tough choosing between the EX and the Sport, as they had a couple of each on their lot. Being a long-time auto enthusiast, I loved the wheels, red gauges, center-exit exhaust, and other good-looking bits on the Sport, but ultimately the other features won me over on the EX. Plus, the color blue on this EX reminded me of the Mugen Si I owned for a while, so that helped sway me a bit.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as I can about the car, modding a few things here and there, and enjoying the community! Already got a set of Mugen coil pack emblems ordered thanks to a thread on here...:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually haven't taken any pics yet lol, it's been so **** cold and snowy here I've hardly wanted to spend any time outside to get some decent ones.

Friday I'll be off in the afternoon though, with our 20 degree heat wave this week I'll try to snap some and get 'em posted up! Would be glad to post up a review of my experience thus far. Perhaps I'll post a review and some pics at the same time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I'd get that model too, if I'm getting.

I was trending toward the battleship grey. But the white ones stand out too, they have a Star Wars flavor to them.

Costco had one on their floor a few days ago. Very sharp looking car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

That grey is really sharp too...that's what color the Sport model was that I was looking at, which made my choice that much tougher. Definitely agree on the SW flavor; after seeing Rogue One I kinda want to get a vanity plate with some kind of semi-obscure Star Wars reference, considering the hatchbacks kinda have a sci-fi look overall :nerd:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck! It's tough buying a car now in the winter months especially where you live. It's sort of baptism not by fire but by ice! LOL
Take good care of it through these rough months!

PS. I have a 2016 Touring 4 dr. almost 6 months old and am loving it every day! NYC metropolitan area, definitely not harsh like your winters but can be nasty here at times, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck! It's tough buying a car now in the winter months especially where you live. It's sort of baptism not by fire but by ice! LOL
Take good care of it through these rough months!

PS. I have a 2016 Touring 4 dr. almost 6 months old and am loving it every day! NYC metropolitan area, definitely not harsh like your winters but can be nasty here at times, too.
Thanks man!

Watched someone almost get t-boned on the way to pick up some equipment this morning, so yeah, definitely staying on my guard! Hasn't been bad at all so far aside from the blizzard we got, and really the only trouble the Civic has had is where the road is just ice, but as long as you're easy on it you can get around fine it seems. Wasn't terribly excited to trade in my pickup before/during winter, but it's proven to be a real solid driver in all conditions so far. Can't wait for spring!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts