10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there, I have a 2001 honda civic lx 4dr with 277kms. The car is still a great daily driver until this. We were driving the car in the rain(if it is revelant) and now and then the lights would dim and then return. To add to our trip home our gas light came on too. We did get home okay and The following morning my daughter went to use the car and would not start. I added gas thinking it was out. Still no start. I couldn’t hear the fuel pump prime so I looked there first. I removed it and tested fine. I then checked for spark . So no spark to the plugs and no power to the fuel pump. I switched pgm-fi relay 1 & 2 with no difference being made. I changed the temperature sensor as someone recommended it had a tie in with the spark. Again no start. I had a friend come with a code reader but doesn’t show anything. Fuses are all good. My ideas narrow down to cam sensor, crank sensor or ecm. I don’t want to spend money if I don’t have to. I have done all these checks myself so far but now i feel limited without spending money. The car does have a command start installed and does work. I have seen guys finding the green key not lighting to make it not start. But with the command start does it override that system? I have cleaned all grounds and looked for broken wires too. That’s where I’m at. Please help! Thanks all ideas welcomed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts