10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I just purchased a used 2016 EX-T Honda Civic, and low and behold the car won't start in my garage. I can hear the engine sputter a bit, and then the dash turns on and a bunch of error messages pop up. The most common being the Electronic Brake System Error, or Parking Break Error. Some people told me to disconnect the battery and still no change.

I can't post a video yet but here's the order of error messages (sometimes it's different):

• Brake System Problem
  • Electric Parking Brake Problem
  • Brake System Problem
  • Brake Hold System Problem
  • Anti-Lock Brake System Problem
  • Behicle Stability Assist (VSA) Problem
Anything I can do? Gosh I'd hate to have to tow it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to my world. I just took sail in the exact same boat. 2016 EX-T. Unhooked the battery while doing some work on the car. It was unhooked for a couple of weeks. I has something else to drive so it was no big deal. I hooked it back up...BAM. Every "Problem" the car could flash. It's really pretty in the dark lol Mine won't even shift out of gear! I've yet to try the emergency shift release. Forgot about trying that. From what I can find...it looks like it might call for a new computer and a common problem for 2016's. BUT...I've yet to find too many people that "I'll come back and report what I find out when my car get's fixed".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts