·
Registered
13 Posts
doesnt even spin with TC off. wierd that the time is better with it on

Reactions: RobbJK88

·
Registered
98 Posts
Times should be better without TC on a manual trans car as then you can launch without the TC cutting power. On an auto with TC is usually better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
7 seconds isn't bad. Not amazing, but pretty much what you should expect from a vehicle like the Civic.

The real fun is with the SI and the Type R. I'll be far more interested to see what those numbers are.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's interesting that between this, MT and other reviewers have all gotten different numbers, the best so far being 6.8 seconds in the touring. MT got the slowest time i think at 7.2ish... so we can assume depending on the road, traction, the weather conditions at the time 6.8-7.2 seconds. That's pretty good for a economy car in this class and definitely better than the current cars 8.2-8.6 times.

Also, the cars being tested are the heavier models, one can assume lower trims like the EX-T will be slightly quicker due to less weight than the touring model, same goes for the coupe potentially shedding a few extra pounds could make the difference of a few tenths of a second here and there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's interesting that between this, MT and other reviewers have all gotten different numbers, the best so far being 6.8 seconds in the touring. MT got the slowest time i think at 7.2ish... so we can assume depending on the road, traction, the weather conditions at the time 6.8-7.2 seconds. That's pretty good for a economy car in this class and definitely better than the current cars 8.2-8.6 times.

Also, the cars being tested are the heavier models, one can assume lower trims like the EX-T will be slightly quicker due to less weight than the touring model, same goes for the coupe potentially shedding a few extra pounds could make the difference of a few tenths of a second here and there.
6.8-7.2 seconds is not only pretty good, its the best in class, even surpassing a 2.5l mazda 3 with a manual 6 speed vs a cvt!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
6.8-7.2 seconds is not only pretty good, its the best in class, even surpassing a 2.5l mazda 3 with a manual 6 speed vs a cvt!
It is very good considering also that's faster than the CVT equipped base i4 accord and only about half a second or so off from the current gen Si. Which is just more reason for the new Si to get the detuned turbo with 230+ hp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is very good considering also that's faster than the CVT equipped base i4 accord and only about half a second or so off from the current gen Si. Which is just more reason for the new Si to get the detuned turbo with 230+ hp.
I'd say its mostly equal in speed to the current Si. The trap speeds for both of them are about 94 mph.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
They'll probably even ensure that it's faster than the outgoing Si just for the sake of keeping up that progression, even if it's faster with a difference in the single digits

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Does it have to be paddle shifted or can it go straight to top rpm and stay there? Hate that paddle shifting!
It doesn't have paddle shifters, and the other thing about this particular 0-60 test is that they used the sport mode which simulates gear changes... it's actually faster in normal drive mode because it doesn't lose time to those gear changes and stays in the top rpm range as you mentioned. Most tests i've seen looks like sport mode actually costs the car anywhere from .2-.5 seconds to 60mph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely very impressive for what the Civic is. Honda has come a long way with the Civic compared to the previous models. Good job Honda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts