10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my wife's car....but I'll be taking care of it mostly.

So far:
- all interior lights changed to pure white LED.
- dipped the rear emblems black w/glossifier.

Coming soon:
- tinted rear 5 windows.
- hard wiring dashcam.
- HID replacement for stock halogen headlights
- rear Brakelight bulbs to be swapped with LEDs - Completed.
- upgrade the 16" wheels to the touring 17" version.

Pix will be posted as I get all the above done.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
A black badge just pops on a white Civic. Where do you plan to plug in the hardwired dash cam for its power source?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'll have to do some research on the civic fusebox. I hardwired the RDX front dashcam and i'm hoping its similar to the Civic.

for the RDX, there is a hardwired blackvue up front and a cig-outlet powered one on the rear.

and yes, I want the dashcam to be able to operate when ignition is off aka parking mode.

·
Registered
876 Posts
have you started shopping for HID's as yet? I will be in the market for them soon enough and was curious what people here are going for exactly.
hear enough horror stories about some HID sets going to **** after a few weeks being used, even a week!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ yah i'm a bit nervous on the HID upgrade and will research it completely.

I replaced the brake light halogen bulbs on each side with the Philips LED series:

and replaced the high mount brake bulb with:

VIDEO coming soon ... but they work great and are as bright as STOCK or brighter. and of course, are INSTANT on/off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Video of above brake bulbs. (Sorry about the music lol) - daytime pix/ video coming soon.

NOTE: the high mount brake bulb had to be modified as it was too long to fit in the housing. Luckily the top silver part simply screws off and makes it perfect length to fit.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That looks really nice. Always wondered what the brake lights would look like with LED. I think it would have been pretty focused if you left the projector piece on there though ?

·
Registered
382 Posts
why didn't you just use the phillips 7440 LED for the high mount brake light? it fits in the housing with no modification...and comes with the 12 year warranty as the other ones you show do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why didn't you just use the phillips 7440 LED for the high mount brake light? it fits in the housing with no modification...and comes with the 12 year warranty as the other ones you show do.
I tried it.. .the philips has LEDs that fire 'back' and did not light up the housing in the high mount brake area well enough. in order for the bulb to be effective, it needs to fire out bright enough on the sides as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hmmm looks like daylight performance is a bit disappointing. It's definitely difficult for an LED to light up the entire housing in a wide dispersal of light. Sigh... Back to the drawing board.

Regular halogen high mount brake bulb :

LED 50W as shown above for high mount brake :

But the Philips LED are great in the left/right brakes.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ah hmm I see that. Nonetheless it still looks really clean. Would be nice to have it more spread though I agree. I always thought the third brake light would have been LED

1 - 12 of 12 Posts