10th Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
But more dinosaurs are dying every day due to global warming, so we should be good with fuel for a few more years.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
At least we know DWils will be going into the higher RPM range when he breaks in his engine :D

Got to seat those piston rings.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just have to break in my 2012 Si first. I've had it since July 2012 and just barely crossed over 14000mi/22531km a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I just have to break in my 2012 Si first. I've had it since July 2012 and just barely crossed over 14000mi/22531km a few days ago.
not bad at all.
by now i would have easily put on double that.
seems like you don't do nearly as much commuting as the average person.

·
Registered
170 Posts
not bad at all.
by now i would have easily put on double that.
seems like you don't do nearly as much commuting as the average person.
I do, just not with my little garage queen. Last year I put 21960mi/35341km last year between my three vehicles: 2003 CBR600RR, 2007 Fit, and 2012 Civic Si. Thankfully I only have to go to work at least four times a week but my commute is 27mi/43km one-way. The other three days I like to work on my hermit skills and not leave my cave.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I do, just not with my little garage queen. Last year I put 21960mi/35341km last year between my three vehicles: 2003 CBR600RR, 2007 Fit, and 2012 Civic Si. Thankfully I only have to go to work at least four times a week but my commute is 27mi/43km one-way. The other three days I like to work on my hermit skills and not leave my cave.
CBR600RR and a 2012 Si.... awesome toys :D

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Just for anyone new reading this thread, I thought I should mention that there will be NO Civic Hybrid for the 10th gen. They axed it so they could concentrate more on the Civic's "sporty character". Thread title might need to be updated :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'll stick the the regular petrol version mostly just because cheaper to own/repair/buy with better resale than hybrids too.

On that note, i think if they're going to insist on a civic hybrid, the two motor setup that could compete with the prius in terms of fuel economy and price would be the better move.

I wonder if the redesigned CRZ will get the newly revised 1 motor system however... since it's more about "performance" the 1 motor system with DCT paired with a turbo 1.5 would make the CRZ the quick little go cart hatch it was meant to be, while also offering a higher output gas only version with either an uptuned 1.5T or a detune 2.0T would make it a proper little sport 2 seater since we won't get the S660 here.

·
Registered
959 Posts
We have to remember that hybrids can be sporty too... Honda is building one, its called the NSX... and with their involvement in formula 1 I would imagine honda wants to push the hybrid tech (despite their on track difficulties) I can most certainly see a version of the Civic making use of e-AWD... technically still a hybrid...

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Hybrids definitely can be sporty, it's just expensive to ad those extra components. The Civic is trying to be a low cost dynamic, full featured, and sporty car for this 10th Generation.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts