10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Take a quick tour around the 2016 Civic Sedan on Mulholland Drive!

This time the Gen 10 is dressed in Rallye Red, sporting black leather interior. We're treated to a full 365 of the exterior from top to bottom, taken into the trunk and given a detailed taste of the interior from front to back.

We're also given our first look of the selectable menus/display settings on the dash screen to go along with a look at the menus, map and rear view from the infotainment unit.

Lastly with its hood up we're given a couple quick pans of the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Very nice. Couple things of interest i noted...

1. The customizable driver display is an awesome and upscale touch, he didn't switch to it, but it looked like the first icon was a turbo, so you can display the boost, which is kind of a sporty touch for a economy car to have.

2. The sliding/removable cup holders are the best feature of this car, why more automakers don't make their cup holders removable (for easy cleaning) i'll never know.

3. The engine sounds like a lawnmower. haha. But i'm sure that was mostly just the sound quality of the camera more so than the engine... hopefully.

4. It doesn't have that illusion of excessive length in the video like it does in the pictures. It actually looks civic sized in this video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the car looks great, living in Europe where sedans are hardly sold i think i will hold out for the hatchback. But 1,5 years waiting is a long time..
I currently drive a 8th gen euro Civic with the two tier dash and i love it, but this looks promising. A brave step to bring the car like this, well done Honda.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think the car looks great, living in Europe where sedans are hardly sold i think i will hold out for the hatchback. But 1,5 years waiting is a long time..
I currently drive a 8th gen euro Civic with the two tier dash and i love it, but this looks promising. A brave step to bring the car like this, well done Honda.
it will be a long wait but I think its the sort of timing that will set the stage right for the civic since in business... timing is a huge part of what goes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone knows if this styling and trims will be the same as to the Asian market? If it is, when most likely? I am an avid fan of Honda's. Our first family car was an Accord 2005. Can't wait to have my hands on this new civic!

Thanks' guys, appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Does anyone knows if this styling and trims will be the same as to the Asian market? If it is, when most likely? I am an avid fan of Honda's. Our first family car was an Accord 2005. Can't wait to have my hands on this new civic!

Thanks' guys, appreciate it!
The civic is now a global car, so i would assume that the Asian markets will get the same civic, style and all. There might be a few minor differences, but overall it should mirror the one we are getting here and in the UK.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The speedometer display and options are a nice touch. Does the rear passenger seats have seat warmers?
As far as we know, the touring model has heated rear seats, no idea if the EXL does however.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Outgoing 2015 Civic EX-L has heated front seats, adding rear heated seats to the next generation model seems like a good move to me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Outgoing 2015 Civic EX-L has heated front seats, adding rear heated seats to the next generation model seems like a good move to me.
For sure, its just a question of which trims they will be available on. Touring for sure, standard? Regardless we don't know if they're optionable in the lower trims...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
For sure, its just a question of which trims they will be available on. Touring for sure, standard? Regardless we don't know if they're optionable in the lower trims...
I think if honda does plan to do some trickle down of one or two features i think heated seats would be a good one. Have heated rear on the EXL now as well as touring. Trickle down heated front seats to the EX/EX-T

1 - 14 of 14 Posts