10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Real World MPG Testing by TFL

Company stated MPG figures aren't always representative of what happens in the real world. That's why it's good to look into testing that is done by something other than the very company that is selling you the vehicle. So TFLCar has done its own testing to see if the EPA-estimated 31/42 city/highway figures hold up.

Spend 7 minutes watching their video review to see how things go.

· Registered
441 Posts
I watched the video. I can tell you 2 things that took the mileage just below 40.

1) 75 miles per hour on the highway test. I believe the EPA does 65MPH. That would make a HUGE difference as most cars mileage really starts dropping off after 65MPH
2) Two people in the car. Does the EPA test put two people in the car? the extra 160lbs or so would affect mileage

as for the difference in mileage between pump and civic computer, its because the GPS speed and computer speed were off by 2MPH. This is most likely due to TIRE size issues since its determined by wheel spin.
Speed I think probably makes a difference, but not so convinced by the people in the car. Usually TFL tests in Colorado. I'm not sure if the elevation would come into play at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.