10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

American Honda's rollout of the Civic is already in full swing, you may not be able to get your hands on one yet, but some already have. TorqueNews teases us from one of AHMs national press events.

We know you want all the dirtiest details available, but drive impressions, final specs and MSRPs are strictly embargoed until October 19th. Luckily for us TN plays a little fast and loose with the embargo.

First up on the pricing front, a base 2016 Civic Sedan is within $200 of the 2015 Civic EX sedan, Hondas aim to be class leaders also applies to value and content it would seem.

Some of you will be pleased to hear Honda is now bringing power seats to the top trimmed Civics.

They also claim that the 2016 Sedans are using suspension and engine components derived from the Type R, there wheres and hows are conspicuously missing.

A dance is done around drive impressions, but there's enough to whet your appetite. For example, "Take our word for it, seasoned Civic fans and Civic newbies alike will be giddy when experiencing the new found power and drive characteristics of Honda's next best seller."And even more encouraging, "the drive performance, standard and optional safety features, epic! Handing a collective ‘high five’ to Honda design and engineering."

At this point its difficult to figure out where Honda PR Machine ends and the journalists pen begins, but its not often that a C-segment sedan is anointed the "wake up call for the automotive industry."

Press impressions and pricing will be available October 19th and cars should be at dealers by the 26th. What do you think about the ~ $21K MSRP?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Which means base price has jumped $3000...

Considering the content we think is included in base, is $3000 a reasonable increase from 9th to 10th gen? (I'm into it)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I believe the base price they mentioned was for the base EX auto with 2.0 which they said was a $200 increase over the current EX auto..... not the LX

·
Registered
959 Posts
I believe the base price they mentioned was for the base EX auto with 2.0 which they said was a $200 increase over the current EX auto..... not the LX
I took 'entry level base' to mean the lowest trim, lowest price...

With a 2016 entry level base MSRP within $200 of the exiting 2015 Civic EX, consumers will be treated to greater standard value, without financially overextending.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I took 'entry level base' to mean the lowest trim, lowest price...
They have more of the article on another site and it mentions multiple times "base trim EX"

Meaning base 2.0L EX... not LX which we know there is one...

So you have to look at the current EX compared to the "base" EX 2.0L now.

The other forum had alot more info listed and they said "Base EX like 3 times"

·
Registered
959 Posts
They have more of the article on another site and it mentions multiple times "base trim EX"

Meaning base 2.0L EX... not LX which we know there is one...

So you have to look at the current EX compared to the "base" EX 2.0L now.

The other forum had alot more info listed and they said "Base EX like 3 times"
the other forum simply copy and pasted the original TorqueNews article, thats not information, thats parroting.

CTRL-F "base trim EX" in the TN article and its not there, the other forum may of added that but that doesnt mean its true. If they mentioned trim information they would be in violation of the embargo

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
the other forum simply copy and pasted the original TorqueNews article, thats not information, thats parroting.

CTRL-F "base trim EX" in the TN article and its not there, the other forum may of added that but that doesnt mean its true. If they mentioned trim information they would be in violation of the embargo
I see that, looking back at it.

I just can't see Honda raising the base price for an LX civic to $200 over the current EX.... that's a huge jump and people would flee to the cheaper competition. I'm hoping when they say base, they actually mean base EX since there are technically 2 EX trims (dependent on engine option)... to raise the price of the LX that much money? That'd kill sales of the civic to their primary customer base that still needs this car to be affordable.

Also, Honda themselves have said that the new civic would be "very close in price" to the current car... i'd hardly consider a $3000 markup "close in price"

And you can't say "just get a fit" as that car is hardly up to civic standards even now... and with the new cruze and elantra coming out, the kia forte, and the mazda3 would all undercut the civics price in a big way while offering similar performance and quality.

Not to mention that would thrust the civic into Accord territory, and that doesn't make good business sense...

But, i suppose we'll just have to wait another 18 days until we get the official pricing and trim layouts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I expect the 2016 LX to be $200 more than the 2015 LX.

From there I expect greater price increases up the line, as was the case with the Accord MMC. Meaning the Civic EX may rise $300-$450. And so on.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I expect the 2016 LX to be $200 more than the 2015 LX.

From there I expect greater price increases up the line, as was the case with the Accord MMC. Meaning the Civic EX may rise $300-$450. And so on.
I can agree with that. You have to look at what we know so far in terms of what the cars are getting new over the current versions... I could see just a small increase for the LX and EX base (2.0L) since it appears to be, for the most part, keeping a very similar list of features as the current cars.

Once you hit the EX-T you'll obviously see the price jump a bit because it'll have the standard CVT (all new design) and the 1.5T. Same goes for the EXL over the current.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
How much do u think adroid or apple auto will be ? or will it be included with all models?
It'll be a standard feature on EX and above models. Any model equipped with the touch screen system will have either AA or Carplay, it won't cost extra.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts