10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

With full production now underway, we've finally got our hands on a couple VIN numbers...

Your VIN is broken down as such WMI / VDS / VIS.

WMI is the World Manufacturer Index, the first 3 numbers of your VIN indicate what region of the world it was made in, the specific country of origin and what type of vehicle it is. For the 2016 Civic you will see either 19X indicating the car was made in Indiana, 2HG for Alliston and SHH for Swindon.

Numbers 4-9 indicate model, body type, gearbox and engine. For example this EX-T in transit to Hawaii shows FC1F39, FC is the platform code for sedan. The 1 may indicate a 1.5T.

Digits 10-17 identify the vehicle. Using our Hawaii car again, GH630454. The first G indicates it is a model year 2016, H is Hondas code for Alliston. The remaining numbers are for production sequence, so this EX-T was the 30,454 2016 Civic Produced at Alliston.

As for the picture above. VIN number 19XFC1F74GE000001 indicates that this car was made in the US by Honda, it is a Civic Sedan, MY 2016, made in Indiana and it was the first car off the line.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Awesome, can't wait for a response, haven't seen any other sources reporting on this or getting in the loop.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Awesome, can't wait for a response, haven't seen any other sources reporting on this or getting in the loop.

·
Registered
959 Posts
has anybody seen a 2.0 listed in transit, would be intersting to compare the VINs. we known FC, but is FC1 with the 1.5T for example...

·
Registered
991 Posts
SO do we assume that this picture was taken by a worker at the Indiana factory then?

I assume that all the Civics that are coming to Canada are built at the Alliston plant.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hard to tell because we don't know which market the one in the picture was built for. Unless I'm missing something in the Vin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
....EX-T was the 30,454 2016 Civic Produced at Alliston. Is this correct, they produced over 30,000 vehicles already??? If so, how many are they making per day?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts