10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the idea from Robb in another thread...Lets have a place for all the wheels we've seen for the 2016 Civics

I'll start with the easy ones ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Guessing the EX and EX-T have the same wheel designs. I wonder if the coupe will get any different designs from the sedan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guessing the EX and EX-T have the same wheel designs. I wonder if the coupe will get any different designs from the sedan?
I'm guessing rather that the EX-T and EX-L will have the same wheels.

The blue one above is the LX - 16" steelies with covers.
The top silver one is an EX - 16" alloy.
The lower silver one is an EX-L. Those are 17" alloy.
Of course the Burgundy is a Touring - 17" alloy.
Si will have 18" alloy.

So the only model I don't think I've even seen yet is a cloth EX-T. But I believe those will be the same 17" wheels as the EX-L.

The coupe I believe will have essentially two wheel designs, both from the sedans above. The 16" alloys for the LX-S and the 17" alloys for the rest (of the EX-T/EX-L design).

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm guessing rather that the EX-T and EX-L will have the same wheels.

The blue one above is the LX - 16" steelies with covers.
The top silver one is an EX - 16" alloy.
The lower silver one is an EX-L. Those are 17" alloy.
Of course the Burgundy is a Touring - 17" alloy.
Si will have 18" alloy.

So the only model I don't think I've even seen yet is a cloth EX-T. But I believe those will be the same 17" wheels as the EX-L.

The coupe I believe will have essentially two wheel designs, both from the sedans above. The 16" alloys for the LX-S and the 17" alloys for the rest (of the EX-T/EX-L design).
Even though the EX-T is just the EX with the turbo i feel like because it gets the turbo it should also get 17" wheels instead of 16". Adds to the sportier characteristic of the car, especially paired with the more powerful engine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Judging by the pics. If I get a model and don't replace the wheels, the EX-L and Touring 17s seem to fill up the wheel arch and the rear fender area much better than the 16s do.

Also, don't forget we would be getting HFP wheels as options I'm sure, although I don't really know how well those sell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The best part of all is that there will be no more tire pressure sensors to deal with. No more broken sensors and $100 programming and TPMS light constantly on, etc.

Throw a custom set of wheels on, push the calibration button and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would expect that they would fix the sensors at no cost since it's due to a faulty product but the new method sounds a lot better.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
They almost always offer accessory rims on the civics usually as part of the HFP gear for the car.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'll be on the look out for HFP wheels, they can be pricey but if the design is on point, you really can't go wrong paying the premium they go for. Just about inline with some of the most affordable high quality aftermarket wheels out there.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'll be on the look out for HFP wheels, they can be pricey but if the design is on point, you really can't go wrong paying the premium they go for. Just about inline with some of the most affordable high quality aftermarket wheels out there.
I would say look to the wheel design we saw on the leaked HFP accessorized sedan we've seen so far. If that picture is what we can expect from the available accessories, those would be the wheels they'll offer. Though, they could offer more than 1 type of accessory wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts