10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, my name is Justin, me and my girlfriend picked up the civic last night! It's my first civic, her second. We went with the Black exterior and interior sedan LX, went with the LX strictly because of the manual so definitely mods coming for this car, first will be wheels for sure, then little cosmetics; fog lamps, tint, interior illumination (aftermarket not Honda option), etc... Then down the road a 4 channel amp connected to new speakers and a one channel amp connected to sub, I love to keep things stock look so will be using a sound processor instead of new head unit, can't wait to experience this car and see what y'all do with yours

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums ! Congratulations to you and your girlfriend as well. Post some pics of the 10th ! As far as audio upgrades go, which brand do you plan on going with ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey welcome to the forums ! Congratulations to you and your girlfriend as well. Post some pics of the 10th ! As far as audio upgrades go, which brand do you plan on going with ??
Thanks, posted a pic to original post, as far as audio I haven't done much research since it's probably a year or two out before I plan to do it, but I had JL Audio before so probably go with them for processor and amps, honestly no idea on where I'll go for speakers

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks, posted a pic to original post, as far as audio I haven't done much research since it's probably a year or two out before I plan to do it, but I had JL Audio before so probably go with them for processor and amps, honestly no idea on where I'll go for speakers
Nice you guys look real happy !

The only experience I've had with JL is with their subwoofers. Was running 3 10w3 subwoofers with the JBL 14001 amp. As far as speakers go however. I love the Focals. Even their entry level speakers are amazing but a pair of components for the front and you're looking at like $600 cad. Had a set of Cerwin Vega before and those were actually really good, especially for the price.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Pioneer is a good brand too. At one point I had a shallow mount sub and that did very well as a replacement for the factory 8 inch subwoofer that my Lexus came with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Justin, kudos on your new car with a manual transmission!

All my cars for the last 35+ years have been manuals, and I'm waiting for the Civic hatchback with manual trans. If I don't get a trim with premium stereo I'll be looking for aftermarket upgrades, so keep us posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Pioneer speakers in my G6, good quality sound. My BMW had stock 8" mid-bass under the front seats, wish I could rig something like that for the Civic but highly unlikely haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Justin, kudos on your new car with a manual transmission!

All my cars for the last 35+ years have been manuals, and I'm waiting for the Civic hatchback with manual trans. If I don't get a trim with premium stereo I'll be looking for aftermarket upgrades, so keep us posted!
I hope you don't have to wait long to get your hatch, that's a great looking car! I wish I could have gotten the hatchback, just didn't have the time to wait. If it was my daily I probably would have opted for an automatic due to traffic in the Northern Virginia area, but it's her daily and she insisted on the manual (I think I found a keeper haha) will definitely keep y'all posted

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had Pioneer speakers in my G6, good quality sound. My BMW had stock 8" mid-bass under the front seats, wish I could rig something like that for the Civic but highly unlikely haha
One great thing about them is even stores like Best Buy carry a good line of Pioneer speakers, that's if you just want to upgrade the factory speakers and tweeters, even add a subwoofer and amp. So finding them is easy enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts