10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on AutoGuide, based on a color chart on our forum. Is there any truth to it?

A color matrix for the 2016 Civic leaked on AutoGuide.com‘s 10thCivicforum.com suggests that a six-speed manual transmission will only be available with the base 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and not with the more expensive and powerful 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. What’s worse for drivers looking for a fun experience, the turbo engine is rumored to only be available with a CVT.

When asked about the rumor, Honda spokesperson Robyn Eagles said, “We have not confirmed it publicly, yet.” This seems to suggest that the rumors are true and Honda simply hasn’t announced it yet. All of the details on the Civic will officially be released on October 19.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I swear i remember them mentioning this at the sedan reveal... or it was a leaked trim sheet that came out about a month back... CVT for all 1.5T engines... manual only available on base LX and EX models with 2.0L... but the 1.5T is getting it's own special CVT which will be more sport oriented than the one on the 2.0L...

Granted... everything we've heard so far is about the sedan. I could see them offering the manual transmission on the coupe with the 1.5T potentially... especially if honda decides to make the 1.5T standard on most of the coupe trims.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I swear i remember them mentioning this at the sedan reveal... or it was a leaked trim sheet that came out about a month back... CVT for all 1.5T engines... manual only available on base LX and EX models with 2.0L... but the 1.5T is getting it's own special CVT which will be more sport oriented than the one on the 2.0L...

Granted... everything we've heard so far is about the sedan. I could see them offering the manual transmission on the coupe with the 1.5T potentially... especially if honda decides to make the 1.5T standard on most of the coupe trims.
I can see 1.5T's coming with paddles like in the HRV...

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
The 1.5t EX initially was in Hondas internal system as available with a manual transmission but that is now gone so it appears that the 1.5t will not have a manual option. That's the current word anyway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Could the Touring model have paddle shifters?

·
Registered
124 Posts
It would have been great to have a six speed with the 1.5T. This would have been a great drivers car. Maybe not a screamer like a Dodge Challenger Hellcat but a car that could be tossed into a corner or provide push back in the seat pulling away from a Chevy Cruze. However a SI or Type R will be there to fill the need.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,

I can officially tell you from a dealership level, the manual is only available on the LX (looking at our On Order sheet literally now).
Since you work at a dealer can you tell us when you will be getting shipments of the car and roughly how many the dealer will have at the beginning of sales?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Although HOA will never admit it, the big reason they went with CVT-only is for fuel economy on its mass production variants. At least for now. If demand spikes for the 1.5, expect a 6MT variant by MMR (2019).

·
Registered
213 Posts
The 1.5t EX initially was in Hondas internal system as available with a manual transmission but that is now gone so it appears that the 1.5t will not have a manual option. That's the current word anyway.

Darn it! My daily driver since '98 is a Civic HX with CVT and I WILL have three pedals in my next Civic! After waiting for years, I thought the 3rd gen Fit with 6MT was for me, until I discovered Honda's engineers screwed up the ratios so badly, that it's almost like driving a 4 speed from the 60's as far an RPM at highway speeds. Now I'm finding out that the new 1.5 turbo will only come with CVT!!?? WTH are they thinking! :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts