10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Please excuse my ignorance. I recently just changed the interior lights and rear back up lights on my new 2016 civic to LEDs

I wanted to know if it was possible for me to change the rear turn signal light and brake light to LED?

Also, I don't know what the lights are called but there are lights right above the left and right driver side tires. What are these lights called and is it possible to change these to LEDs?

Thanks, I appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, you can change brake and turn signal lights to LEDs. Side marker lights can be changed, also. You may need resistors for the turn signals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just want to add that the 2016 Civic Touring Coupe has different bulbs

Reverse : H6W (not 921)
Rear Brake: P21W (not 7440)
Rear Blinker: P21WY (not 7440A)

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you do spend the extra dollars on the CanBus error free LEDs, I've heard that they do actually work and don't require resistors or relay changes.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hopefully that's the case since it will aid in having that much less going on that can go wrong. Hate having issues and a number of things have to be looked at which can get time consuming and even expensive to diagnose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
That does look really good with the Xenon actually. Gives it a bit more character, I like it ! The LEDs that you ordered may require resistors or a relay though. Be sure to let us know how it goes !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts