10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Look at the Civic Hatch?

After a 5 door Civic mule was spotted in Germany 2 weeks ago, this render offers us the first potential look at the UK built 5 door Civic hatchback.

The 10th Generation will be the first factory equipped Civic with turbo power. The ILX/Euro hatch mule was actually found to be registered in the UK with a 1.5L Engine. In addition the 10th gen is expected to be the largest Civic yet.

The Civic is expected to debut in production form later this year, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

Civic Coupe EX-L Rendered

Paring down the concept coupe from New York leaves us with a tasteful and attractive 10th Gen Civic EX-L.

Losing it's valences, wing and visually assaulting Lemon-Lime paint job does nothing to detract from the flowing contour line, stunning lightbar and now traditional Honda family face. 17" Alloys round out the package. Honda is likely to offer front and rear lip kits, side skirts, spoilers, LEDs and leather trimmings as options. Look for the production coupe to debut sometime this year, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

The Simple LX Civic Sedan

If you thought the 10th Gen Coupe Concept was a one trick pony you'll be forgiven as the sedan is just as stunning. Arguably the Civic Sedan benefits far more from the swooping contour lines then the already racy coupe does.

the LX Sedan is the bread and butter of the family and Honda is expected to up the kit for 2016. Apple/Android compatibility, touch screen interface and LED lamps all around are a few of the rumoured additions to the tried at true 1.8L 4 cylinder. Most will find themselves mated to Honda's surprisingly not bad CVT.

Look for the production Sedan to debut later this year along with the Hatch and Coupe, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

·
Registered
165 Posts
wow, these are beeeeeaaauuutifull!!
all three
would ve liked a more frontal pic of the hatch
love it love it!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I would say these are pretty accurate. However, a few things i noticed. If you compare these to the patent renders that were released, the front grill and design of the coupe and sedan should be exactly the same. Also, the grill in these renders is pretty different than that on the patent renders/concept which is much more upright and more squared off, while these are more rounded. I think they got the back ends spot on for the coupe and sedan. Not entirely sold on the hatch render. I feel like the back end of the hatch is going to be a bit more sloped and dynamic looking than in these. The hatch render here just looks like a modified fit rear end, and looks alot less sporty than even the current euro civic hatch backend.

Also, these are missing the projector beam lense setups that the patent drawings have, i'm really looking forward to the civic having those. And the wheel design is awful. Those are the 17" wheels from the HRV and i'm really hoping honda sticks with the painted black accents on the civic wheels like they have now.

Overall, these are awesome renders! Very very cool and well done with just a few minor differences compared to the actual patent drawings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep very nice cars, but dont say the HP of those civic for 1.5 maybe have 140HP or 160HP with a small turbo i dont think so Honda put more power in those cars but the desing is very awesome speacially the hatch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dont know yet .. this will probably grow on me ... but i found the volvo hatch better looking than the honda one so far.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The coupe is absolutely CRISP the way it is. Really excited to see what they end up doing for the Si Coupe, the front would probabaly look great blacked out a little bit. I wish those rims were for real though!!! Good work all round

·
Registered
7 Posts
If these are correct this will be the first time the coupe has looked better than the sedan in a some time.

I am still confused as to how they line up will be. What drive-train will the EX SI and Type R or whatever get?

Will there not be an SI and just be an EX and Type R or will the US Type R be the SI?

·
Registered
31 Posts
the hatchback is sick!!!!! almost perfect in everyway except the taillights. they need to do something about those "candle" type of lights. and if they won't...still take my money!!!! I want one!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm seriously doubting the hatch's backend will look like that at all. Look at the current and previous euro hatch for a better idea (possibly do the split rear window again). The one on the renders is literally a stretched version of the Fit's backend with a different lower bumber piece. I'd say, take the current euro hatch backend and give it the coupe's full width tail lights and you're probably pretty close to what it'll look like.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I feel the hatch will likely use tail lamps similar to the sedan. The vertical look is very Volvo/Cadillac Escalade/CRV

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honda, please make this hatchback, everything about it looks fantastic. I just wish we had more renders of the interior, which in my opinion, is becoming an integral part of the overall experience.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Honda, please make this hatchback, everything about it looks fantastic. I just wish we had more renders of the interior, which in my opinion, is becoming an integral part of the overall experience.
I bet if you smash these together you get fairly close to the mark ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'd like to see them do a center stack and the higher shifter mount in the civic like they have in the HRV but i feel for sporty sake i'd like to see them do away with the two tier dash and go with a gauge cluster like the CRZ has with the 3D effect or like in the production S660 in japan. It's simple, digital, 3D and sporty. Also, doing away with the dual screen i-mid and touchscreen and just make the touch screen standard on all models or like the HRV have the 5" on base LX and the larger 7" on EX and above.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd like to see them do a center stack and the higher shifter mount in the civic like they have in the HRV but i feel for sporty sake i'd like to see them do away with the two tier dash and go with a gauge cluster like the CRZ has with the 3D effect or like in the production S660 in japan. It's simple, digital, 3D and sporty. Also, doing away with the dual screen i-mid and touchscreen and just make the touch screen standard on all models or like the HRV have the 5" on base LX and the larger 7" on EX and above.
x2. I'm really hoping the two-tier dash goes away. Something like the S660 would be fantastic!

·
Registered
31 Posts
the HRV center console is such horrible design!!! look at all that space that they don't use. make some use-sable pockets honda!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts