10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe, Energy Green =) *Pics and Problem*

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually a little late posting my new car, I got the car on May 18th, I ordered the car on March 16th, waited almost 2 months before it came in, but I really love it, I have said before though when I had a 2006 Honda Civic coupe, I said I wouldn't buy a 2 door again because I tend to drive people alot and 2 door is not practical, but this green color really got me, 10 years later today, I got another civic coupe :)

This is May 18th, my car is sitting at the Honda Dealership lot

At the 3M/Tinting shop in Edmonton, Alberta. Getting Full front 3M put on and all windows tinted =)

This one on my drive way =)

Interior shot from passenger side

Back seat, surprisingly there's way more legroom then my old 2006 civic coupe.

Annnnd then, 23 days into ownership of my car, it's getting towed away because it wouldn't start LOL. The Eletronic parking brakes locked up the rear and we couldn't get it out of park so all the wheels are locked up lol, so that's why they have to lift the whole car up to tow. They initially had the first tow truck out but couldn't tow my car, this was the second tow truck.

And this is what happened when I went to start my car :) Click on the image for video.

My Dash Cam captured all the action at the Honda Service Bay, I edited to the part where they got my car started =) Click image for video

They found out the problem was, He said there was a problem with one of the sensors, there might of been an issue with the programming initially which is why that sensor malfunctioned. The tech reprogrammed it and it seems to be working fine now. =)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I definitely don't see a lot of greens but it sure looks nice ! Kinda sucks to see that you've gone through quite the issue so early on, but thankfully they got it fixed ! I love the excitement in the last video ahaha. You're definitely on the right path with the forum though, pictures and videos galore, love it !

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats on the new green Civic coupe! It's a thing of beauty and it stinks that you had a problem after owning it for a short time. At least it seemed to be an easy fix and great videos. always did wonder what the dealership service bay looked like, I've only ever seen the car drop off garage.

Have you had any rear passengers yet?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Congrats, your car looks great with the tints now. Are you planning to get the paint protected seeing how its still fairly new probably with low miles.

Must be turning a lot of heads with that green.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new green Civic coupe! It's a thing of beauty and it stinks that you had a problem after owning it for a short time. At least it seemed to be an easy fix and great videos. always did wonder what the dealership service bay looked like, I've only ever seen the car drop off garage.

Have you had any rear passengers yet?
Thanks, but yea it did suck having the car bought back to the dealership so soon, people say I bought a lemon except this one is a lime :)

Rear Passenger I only usually have the kids in the back, they love it back there and it's really roomy for them. Adult wise I only had one person back there and they were just fine =)

Congrats, your car looks great with the tints now. Are you planning to get the paint protected seeing how its still fairly new probably with low miles.

Must be turning a lot of heads with that green.

Paint Protection, I got the Full Front 3M already, I think that's pretty much all I needed :)

And yes I notice alot of people starring at the car when Im driving lol. also someone asked me at the gas station if the color was factory color. And a lady in a mustang wanted me to roll down the windows at a stop light asking me what kind of car it was :laugh:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Lol, wouldn't really call it a lime. I think that designation is best left to Jeep vehicles and the huge amount of problems they all come with. At least everything seems to be working fine now. Did Honda at least cover the tow costs?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Some people even get the side mirrors wrapped in protective film. I think it's the next most covered thing aside from the front end. From experience i've seen a ton of rock chips on my side mirrors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts