10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Do you think I can change my oil at jiffy lube? I'm getting a deal for 20$ but they are using their signature conventional oil which i doubt it's good for the car. Honda recommends something else.

Also i've changed oil in 2010 honda civic, do you think it's any different than 2016? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can go to Jiffy lube if you want but make sure they use the correct synthetic oil for your Civic. Why not go to the dealer?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Going to these shops is very difficult in the sense of they just use conventional bulk oil. Whatever they can get there hands on for that is the cheapest and local is what they'll use. I'd say either go to the dealer, which also has local bulk oil but they do have the proper specific synthetic oil as well. Or do it yourself, it won't be that different from when you did it before

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd never go to Jiffy Lube, at least not after reading horrible reviews about their business practices and horrible customer service. $20 may seem cheap but the resulting problems from going to Jiffy Lube could cost you more.

If you have the 2.0 Civic then it should be fairly easy to change the oil yourself once you take off the aluminum shield.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do not skimp on your oil changes, do it right with good synthetic oil and filter!!!!! You have a $24,000 dollar car....a $20 oil change seems crazy!!!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Spend the money now and get it done right. Or save now, and pay out a hella ton more when something goes wrong because of it lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go to walmart and buy a 5 quart jug of synthetic oil for $22.XX and then submit the Mobil 1 rebate to get $12 back. Then buy a decent filter (Honda, Wix, Napa silver or gold, etc.) for ~$5-6.

Total cost = $17 after rebate and you will probably have a quart of oil left.

That's what I do.

I don't trust anyone to touch my car, because nobody cares as much as you do about your car, much less Jiffy lube...

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you do it yourself just make sure the " jug" you buy is the proper spec. Your manual will tell you the spec.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
After reading the article, why would people go for synblends instead of full synthetic if full synth performs better than the blend and conventional?

·
Registered
876 Posts
How someone drives should also be factored in since if you drive like the average person out there sticking with whats recommended from Honda is the way to go. If a lot of aggressive driving then you need to get something more for high performance just so you have longevity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts