10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2016 Honda Civic Type R will usher in a new performance era for the brand.

The Japanese automaker has announced that it’ll be bringing a new Honda Civic Type R Concept II to this year’s Paris Motor Show wearing a bright blue finish while detailing what will be under the hood.

The 2016 Civic Type R will be powered by a 2.0-liter i-VTEC engine from the company’s Earth Dreams Technology family and will produce over 275 hp (280 PS) thanks to a turbocharger helping boost low-end power delivery. But more importantly, Honda is calling the Civic Type-R and its powerplant “unrivalled against” all previous Type R models including the Civic, Integra, Accord and NSX.

According to the car’s chief engineer Suehiro Hasshi, the model’s appeal will be far greater than just a new high-performance engine lurking under the hood. The 2016 Civic Type R boasts numerous engineering innovations and enhancements that will make it a “true driver’s car, worthy of wearing the famous red ‘H’ badge.”

·
Registered
170 Posts
If all else fails you could always just go south og the bourder and bring one across. BTW, are you the same frankyy who is buying all the 9thgencivic mods a Type R?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Deathklok likes the Civic R.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Can't wait says Dearhklok.

·
Registered
876 Posts
After seeing spy pictures today of the north american honda civic, i'm more pleased it's a true sedan and not just a hatch, although it does have a sloping roof towards the rear which could help it be a slight bit hatch-like.

Now to see what that will look like as a Type R :D

I'll take one in white please!

·
Registered
170 Posts
After seeing spy pictures today of the north american honda civic, i'm more pleased it's a true sedan and not just a hatch, although it does have a sloping roof towards the rear which could help it be a slight bit hatch-like.
Like the newer Audi sedans?

·
Registered
876 Posts
If this comes to Canada imma move up there
Or just register it in Canada, with Canadian plates and drive it where you're located already ;)

There's this guy I always see with a Mercedes CLK63 AMG that's Florida plated up in Toronto, and he's always their, chances are he's up to the same strategy since apparently Canada didn't get that version of the CLK Coupe.

For reference for the unfamiliar:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Or just register it in Canada, with Canadian plates and drive it where you're located already ;)

There's this guy I always see with a Mercedes CLK63 AMG that's Florida plated up in Toronto, and he's always their, chances are he's up to the same strategy since apparently Canada didn't get that version of the CLK Coupe.

But don't you need a residence address to register it up there?

·
Registered
170 Posts
But don't you need a residence address to register it up there?
On your way to the registration place just drive by a residential neighborhood and pick a house, write down the address and give a good guess on what the Postal Code is and bam! Canadian plates! Then come back down south and drive around with foreign plates and don't bother paying registration!

·
Registered
135 Posts

LOL, or the guy moved up from Florida...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, chances are he either has a place their or has family or a friend that allows him to register it their for all i know.
Yea that's what I was thinking, but is it costly to import a car from Canada to the usa and register it here?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts