10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe Honda has kept us waiting for almost 5 months so far since the concept unveiling to release any details. I created this thread because I'd like us to share what we'd like Honda to include in the new Civic.

Essentially Guarenteed

1. Honda Sensing
2. Considerably more powerful turbo engine
3. Weight trimming

Maybe

1. Wireless Apple Carplay
Apple Airplay/Android Auto is essentially guaranteed. However, with IOS 9, wireless Apple Carplay will be possible. I'm not sure if this will require hardware changes in the car, but if so I hope Honda includes it because it'll be a very convenient feature.

2. Remote Engine Start!!!
With the new 2016 Honda Accord, Remote Engine Start is standard in all EX trims and above. RES can start the car and adjust the internal environment to your liking from as far as 200 feet. It will be integrated into the keyfob so you wont have to deal with a clutter of keys.

Not Likely

1. Fog Lights on EX trim
Currently its only available on the EX-L trim. Unfortunately, this is the only item on my wishlist that I dont think is likely. With Carplay/AndroidAuto, there is even less to differentiate between the EX and Ex-L trims. But a man can dream.

So what's in your wishlist?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The option to change the fabric armrest to leather. I'm not a big fan of the fuzzy fabric from the spied pictures.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The option to change the fabric armrest to leather. I'm not a big fan of the fuzzy fabric from the spied pictures.
From what i can see it doesn't look "fuzzy" in the 8th gen mouse fur kind of way... It actually looks very similar in texture to my 9th gen which is a kind of perforated mesh material that almost feels plastic? I know it isn't plastic, but anyone who's been in the 9th gen coupe (2014 or 2015) knows they use this mesh in a few different spots in the car. It's actually quite nice in that it holds up really well to daily wear and tear.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
And in regards to the OP question.... honestly? My biggest hope and prayer for the 10th?

I want the LED accent lights to match the color of the projector low beams. The accord lights match their LED accents pretty well. But the CRV LED lights are really really blue in comparison while the projectors look yellowish. I just want them to match, or else i'll be replacing bulbs until they do....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
And in regards to the OP question.... honestly? My biggest hope and prayer for the 10th?

I want the LED accent lights to match the color of the projector low beams. The accord lights match their LED accents pretty well. But the CRV LED lights are really really blue in comparison while the projectors look yellowish. I just want them to match, or else i'll be replacing bulbs until they do....
Considering how small of a cost it would be to us to make that change after getting the vehicle, it might be better to consider things we can't change nearly as easy.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Considering how small of a cost it would be to us to make that change after getting the vehicle, it might be better to consider things we can't change nearly as easy.
I understand that... but really... someone spends how much money on a new car and the lights can't even match in color? It's an easy change, but it's attention to little details like that i wish more car companies would take into consideration.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I understand that... but really... someone spends how much money on a new car and the lights can't even match in color? It's an easy change, but it's attention to little details like that i wish more car companies would take into consideration.
I know what you mean, easy for them to do, probably doesn't cost much to make the change. But it seems like when it comes to buying cheaper commuter cars like this that attention to detail is one thing to have minimal expectations in (from experience)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I know what you mean, easy for them to do, probably doesn't cost much to make the change. But it seems like when it comes to buying cheaper commuter cars like this that attention to detail is one thing to have minimal expectations in (from experience)
Agreed. It's just odd that the accord lights seem to match (from what i've seen on the road) But the new Pilot and the CRV LEDS are either super white or super blue and don't match the low beams at all. I'm hoping that rather than the bluish color the civic has the true white LED accents. Those should be easy to match to some super bright while headlight bulbs if need be.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm hoping they give us a totally sick rear wing that will generate significant downforc in low speed harpins, like those common to starbucks drive thrus. I would also like JDM badging, yellow fogs, a cold air intake and my springs pre cut...

Or am I in the wrong room?

LOL

Wishlist...TORQUE... yea...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I would like to see foglights come back to the EX... (they used to have them standard before the EXL trim existed). With all the new tech there is opportunity to differentiate the EX and EXL trims. And alot of the testers we've seen in pics have fog lights... they can't ALL be EXL and Touring models can they?

My wishlist is more general.... i'd like to see the civic be class leading again...

Class leading 0-60 (or at least matching the current leaders)
Class leading handling (no arguments, this is honda's sweet spot)
Class leading/competitive MPG

I'd also like to see an Automatic Si option, but i'm not holding my breath either.

I'd like to see a spoiler as an option on the coupe (less aggressive than the Si spoiler will be, but a wing spoiler none the less)
I'd also like to see the entire lineup come with standard Alloy wheels (except the base LX sedan, as the coupe may be starting at the LXS trim)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speaking for the Si...

-True mechanical LSD, not some tom-foolery version that modulates the brakes and TCS
-Michelin PSS or another high end street tire, not the all-season junk MXV4
-Tuned exhaust and intake that sounds good, not the fake electronic engine sound generator
-Red gauges, alcantera upholstry, good stereo, navi, phone integration
-Availibilty of the HFP suspension kits
-HID or LED headlights
-Rear view camera, lane departure, blind spot monitors (pretty sure the current Si has these already)
-More colours, yellow, orange, bright blue

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Speaking for the Si...

-True mechanical LSD, not some tom-foolery version that modulates the brakes and TCS
-Michelin PSS or another high end street tire, not the all-season junk MXV4
-Tuned exhaust and intake that sounds good, not the fake electronic engine sound generator
-Red gauges, alcantera upholstry, good stereo, navi, phone integration
-Availibilty of the HFP suspension kits
-HID or LED headlights
-Rear view camera, lane departure, blind spot monitors (pretty sure the current Si has these already)
-More colours, yellow, orange, bright blue
-From what we've seen of the civic so far... I imagine the Si will most likely come with the lights we've seen on the touring trim (full LED) or some version of.
-The Si of recent years have always had red gauges so its safe to assume they will again.
-The current Si has the rear view and i think the honda lane watch camera. Most likely the Si will be available with the honda sensing suite of features like the rest of the lineup for $1000 over the base price.
-Navi will probably be optional upgrade like it currently is (but you can use google maps with Carplay and AA which will be standard, so why spend the extra on a navi equipped unit?)
-They'd never sell the Si with standard dry weather street tires, it's still a daily driver for most people, so All seasons are gonna be the standard, but honda has always offered accessory summer tires for the Si also.
-I'd like to see true LSD as well, but the electronic version is probably alot cheaper....
-Hoping for a good tuned exhaust note as well.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
-From what we've seen of the civic so far... I imagine the Si will most likely come with the lights we've seen on the touring trim (full LED) or some version of.
-The Si of recent years have always had red gauges so its safe to assume they will again.
-The current Si has the rear view and i think the honda lane watch camera. Most likely the Si will be available with the honda sensing suite of features like the rest of the lineup for $1000 over the base price.
-Navi will probably be optional upgrade like it currently is (but you can use google maps with Carplay and AA which will be standard, so why spend the extra on a navi equipped unit?)
-They'd never sell the Si with standard dry weather street tires, it's still a daily driver for most people, so All seasons are gonna be the standard, but honda has always offered accessory summer tires for the Si also.
-I'd like to see true LSD as well, but the electronic version is probably alot cheaper....
-Hoping for a good tuned exhaust note as well.
Yup, that's usually what they offer, some entry-level all season tire. I just wonder if we'll see something they already offer on the Civic of its going to be a tire we haven't seen available on a honda.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yup, that's usually what they offer, some entry-level all season tire. I just wonder if we'll see something they already offer on the Civic of its going to be a tire we haven't seen available on a honda.
Hoping completely different tires all around. They had close up pictures of the tires that the test civics were running and they were all GT level tires (different brands for different trims). A huge pitfall with the current civic handling is the crappy tires they put on them, so i'm thinking honda is going to be using better tires for the entire lineup. GT style for the sedan (offers most comfort, noise reduction and still helps handling) the coupe will get sportier grippier tires most likely (less comfort and noise control, more grip) and the Si variants will get all new tires as well. My 8th gen had Bridgestones (they were pretty great, nice and grippy) while my 9th gen coupe has Continentals (they suck).

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hoping completely different tires all around. They had close up pictures of the tires that the test civics were running and they were all GT level tires (different brands for different trims). A huge pitfall with the current civic handling is the crappy tires they put on them, so i'm thinking honda is going to be using better tires for the entire lineup. GT style for the sedan (offers most comfort, noise reduction and still helps handling) the coupe will get sportier grippier tires most likely (less comfort and noise control, more grip) and the Si variants will get all new tires as well. My 8th gen had Bridgestones (they were pretty great, nice and grippy) while my 9th gen coupe has Continentals (they suck).
Good point, I can imagine that the turbo models will have a higher chance of getting completely new tires due to the increased need for tires that follow the requirements you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Good point, I can imagine that the turbo models will have a higher chance of getting completely new tires due to the increased need for tires that follow the requirements you mentioned.
Well, if the test models that were pictured driving around are to be trusted, the entire lineup is getting new tires because none of them had the crappy low rolling resistance tires on them that the current sedans use. Which is good.

Lower trims with smaller wheels get fatter tires, and the tires get thinner the bigger the wheels get, to help fill the wheel wells nicely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts