10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the official list. And they added Wireless Charging for smartphones as an option!

All season floor mats

Illuminated console lighting

All season floor mats, high wall

Lower door garnish, chrome

Ambient lighting

Moon roof visor

Ashtray

Nose mask

Auto day/night mirror

Rear bumper protector

Body side molding

Rear decklid spoiler

Car cover

Rear seat cover

Cargo hook

Rear wing spoiler

Cargo net

Remote engine starter, LX

Door edge guard

Splash guards

Door sill trim, illuminated

Trunk tray

Door visors

Underbody spoile*rs, Fr, Rr, Side

Engine block heater

Wheel locks

First aid kit

Wireless charger

Fog lights

17-inch alloy wheels

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Seems like the standard list of honda accessories... here's hoping and praying that the coupe gets a rear wing spoiler option... they haven't offered that on the coupe since the 7th gens. And while i love the coupe's profile and fastback rear, a spoiler just finishes the back off nicely. Interested to see what the underbody spoilers end up looking like... sometimes they're ok, other times they're too much (like on the accord IMO).

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Chi charging will be nice like the Toyota Avalon. Do they happen to have pictures of the lip kit yet?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
WOW.... if that's actually the full body kit that's really really nice looking. Not too over styled... and those wheels make it look even more like an Acura. haha.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Looks like I'll have to wait and see what other companies such as Mugen does with the lip kit. Not a fan of pieces that just add on to try bumper. These just basically cover the bumper adding flare to it. I do want to talk to a company about making a spoiler where the base of the spoiler would require removing the trunk taillights and using those holes as mounting points.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I'll have to wait and see what other companies such as Mugen does with the lip kit. Not a fan of pieces that just add on to try bumper. These just basically cover the bumper adding flare to it. I do want to talk to a company about making a spoiler where the base of the spoiler would require removing the trunk taillights and using those holes as mounting points.
Hmm. Im not sure if we will ever see a Mugen version of this car, since the Civic is no longer sold in Japan. Been like this for a few years now.

They will, however, receive the Euro Type R as an import. That will be the only Civic available for sale in Japan in the near future.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mugen parts are so overpriced anyway...

I'm sure other aftermarket support will offer parts that are just a good looking if not better than Mugen or HFP comes up with.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Hmm. Im not sure if we will ever see a Mugen version of this car, since the Civic is no longer sold in Japan. Been like this for a few years now.

They will, however, receive the Euro Type R as an import. That will be the only Civic available for sale in Japan in the near future.
Very true, I hope Mugen see's the potential for this new body style and does something great with it. Business wise, I can see them doing work for us Fanboys who will pay the $$$ for some mugen parts..or us Ballers on a Budget who get Fugen parts ;).

Mugen parts are so overpriced anyway...

I'm sure other aftermarket support will offer parts that are just a good looking if not better than Mugen or HFP comes up with.
True the Mugen parts are way expensive, and I do hope there will be other places that will do some nice looking lip kits that compliment the clean body style.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While Mugen parts are worth more than other aftermarket parts, I have found that it is merited for the simple fact that their parts fit like an original OEM piece.

Having had a pair of Evos, 240sxs, Foci, RX8, Fit, three Sis etc, etc, I can say that the vast majority of aftermarket tuning parts (even the best and most expensive) are not a 100% perfect fit. Having owned a number of Mugen parts, I can tell you that I have never had any issues with fitment.

Style wise, that's purely subjective, but as far as fitment, I have yet to find its equal. Not to mention they already come factory painted, which would be an added expense to any other aftermarket kit.

But Mugen parts are not for everyone. That I understand.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think some things that might influence mugen parts fitting good is the fact that they are high quality and produced in volume, helping to cut cost on a higher quality product process, on a smaller production scale its hard to sell a high quality product for a price in line with the market.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The wireless charger is a really nice addition. I bet it will be picked up by many people. Are all of these things offered separately or are any of them part of packages you have to buy as a whole.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The wireless charger is a really nice addition. I bet it will be picked up by many people. Are all of these things offered separately or are any of them part of packages you have to buy as a whole.
Most of honda's accessories have always been offered individually, they've never really done package deals. Not to say you couldn't talk a dealership into packaging a few extra's for a discounted price maybe.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
While Mugen parts are worth more than other aftermarket parts, I have found that it is merited for the simple fact that their parts fit like an original OEM piece.

Having had a pair of Evos, 240sxs, Foci, RX8, Fit, three Sis etc, etc, I can say that the vast majority of aftermarket tuning parts (even the best and most expensive) are not a 100% perfect fit. Having owned a number of Mugen parts, I can tell you that I have never had any issues with fitment.

Style wise, that's purely subjective, but as far as fitment, I have yet to find its equal. Not to mention they already come factory painted, which would be an added expense to any other aftermarket kit.

But Mugen parts are not for everyone. That I understand.

Mugen certainly targets a certain kind of tuner. I love that most of their body pieces are tested for best aerodynamics on the car. Like you said, fitment is always great too. I'm not sure I'd ever fork over $2-3000 for a set of wheels though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Had a brain fart moment and thought the nose mask accessory was this
You are not the only one.... i always heard them called car bra or something like that... when i read nose mask i was like... like in an airplane in the event of a crash? haha.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've always found them to be quite ugly. Would rather get a clear bra instead of a nose mask no matter how much it helps my car breathe. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts