10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone lets hear your wishlists for the 2016 Si. Lets keep it resonable eh, no 400 hp, AWD Twin Turbo for $25K ;)

220 hp
LSD
6MT (DCT Option)
Maybe 10% stiffer then regular 2016 Civic
Heavier stock steering
Two-tone and brushed aluminium interior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good list Nessuno! Similar for me but based on test driving 2015 and 2016 Accord Coupe, number one on my list is heavy steering that pulls itself back to center when you let go of the wheel, like my prelude's hydraulic steering, which I know is hard to match with EPS. ...the sloppy steering on the Accord coupes is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to the Honda brand- I would have bought one except for that. next on my list: piano black highlights ( no passe carbon fiber please!) on jet black interior, seats with proper adjustable lumbar support, and top available stereo and the option to leave out all of the Honda sensing nonsense!!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sporty seats since that will help in making a well rounded package, plus we want to feel like we're sitting in something a bit special.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all!

First post here but long time lurker

Here's my wishlist for the Si

DCT option
Hatch or Coupe
LSD
More aggressive steering and suspension tuning
LED headlights standard on all models
An up-level trim like the Touring with everything on it.
A volume knob and buttons on the steering wheel >.<

As much as I love driving a stick, I don't really wanna drive it in LA traffic with all the crazy idiots here. The Si will replace a '14 Mazda3 S Touring if it returns with a DCT option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
210HP
6MT carryover, Limited slip
24/33 27mpg combined FE
Sport seats but nothing too uncomfortable, red stitching (not leather)
Sport steering wheel, more aggressive than standard
Active or tuned exhaust
Nothing bigger than 18 inch wheels
Revised tach and speedo, hopefully a split screen to display both
Larger brakes
HID or LED headlights
Don't need all the Honda sensing gear
Knobs on the stereo, 6 inch or larger screen, does not need navi
Doesn't need auto climate control, control knobs are fine

·
Registered
441 Posts
Don't need all the Honda sensing gear
I don't get why people don't want this. Most of the time you won't use it, but if it would come into play, you'd be happy to have it. Like airbags. No one is planning on getting into an accident and needing the airbags, but if you do crash and they deploy, you'll be happy you have them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The reason I don't want Honda sensing is that not staying in my lane is something I do all the time as part of spirited driving. Another thing I do is always check my blind spots, so I'm not going to suddenly need some annoying beep or light flash to do that for me., and I will get as close to the car in front of me as I think is safe. Since this has worked for me for some 20 years I feel absolutely no need to change it now. I am sure that 95% of driving enthusiasts understand this perfectly and would agree !

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I don't get why people don't want this. Most of the time you won't use it, but if it would come into play, you'd be happy to have it. Like airbags. No one is planning on getting into an accident and needing the airbags, but if you do crash and they deploy, you'll be happy you have them.
I'd be fine with it if it worked better, so far it is just ok from reviews. I would love the adaptive cruise control but from reviews that does not even work smoothly so I may skip this generation of sensing.

I have been hit by others badly three times in my life, rolled my cars and all. Glad others will have it for sure lol as so far it has been them every time! :) I was rear ended once by someone who never touched the brakes and I was stopped, she hit me doing 60. I would have loved for her to have auto braking! That flipped me over too....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're muddling the argument.

Auto brake will partially help in a collision, but only if you're having a collision from the front.

Blind spot monitoring will not make your accident less severe like an airbag or seatbelt would. Nor would adaptive cruise and lane keep.

See i'd be most happy to crash in a 5 point harness and carbon fibre monocoque. who needs airbags when the car disintegrates and dissipates the impact. Ask an F1 driver if they'd like to have airbags and auto brake.

(see how we can all get ridiculous ;))

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd be happy if the car had anywhere between 200-230 hp as long as torque also goes up from its current 174 lb-ft rating. While it's still possible that the Si will get a version of the Earth Dreams 2.4-liter from the ILX and TLX, an uprated 1.5T is more likely, imo. A downrated 2.0T could happen but its a long shot. What I'm after is the overall package, a great balance of power, torque, handling, refinement, tech, reliability and daily drivability. Since the Type R will now sit as top dog, I don't see a reason why Honda shouldn't expand the Si's appeal to a broader audience. The GTI continues to do well since it has a broader audience worldwide.Plus now the at Civic Touring is at 27k, it's kinda inevitable that the Si will start in the mid 20k range and top off in the low 30s...which could easily justify the addition of an automatic option, particularly the 8-speed DCT from the ILX and 4-cylinder TLX.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would like more power but I can't drive manual so an automatic civic Si would be great. Maybe stick in a 2.4 liter aspirated 4. Think it gets around 220 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
9 Posts
*2.0T engine with ~260hp
*6-speed manual transmission, with a low-ish final drive gear ratio, something like 4.39 just to make cruising at ~75mph bearable.
*LSD (figure that would be standard anyways)
*4-door hatchback
*No sunroof option
*Limited body differences from the CTR, so that parts can be interchanged.
*Priced around $27-28k

·
Registered
959 Posts
*2.0T engine with ~260hp
*6-speed manual transmission, with a low-ish final drive gear ratio, something like 4.39 just to make cruising at ~75mph bearable.
*LSD (figure that would be standard anyways)
*4-door hatchback
*No sunroof option
*Limited body differences from the CTR, so that parts can be interchanged.
*Priced around $27-28k
So you're thinking an ST/RS Type relationship?

I'd like to see visual similarities, but as little as possible mechanically... I think CTR needs to be special

·
Registered
9 Posts
So you're thinking an ST/RS Type relationship?

I'd like to see visual similarities, but as little as possible mechanically... I think CTR needs to be special
Yeah that's what I would hope for. I sort of look at the way the Subaru did the WRX/STI. For all practical purposes the WRX was just as good as the STI if you didn't plan on tracking it. The STI had all sorts of little upgrades and a bump in power and handling that you could justify spending the extra money to know that you have a great track ready car from the factory.

Both the WRX and STI sold very well and it never really seemed like sales were cannibalized from one or the other, even when most magazines told consumers that spending the extra money on the STI wasn't worth it.

I'm sure there would be a lot of things that could be done to detune the CTR engine, things that would be relatively difficult for the average end user to do without pulling the motor. Simple things to detune like different oil pumps, compression ratio, gear ratios would keep the CTR unique enough to where one could justify spending the money...and for those that never intend to track the car then they have the Si. So long as Honda doesn't neuter the poor thing like they did with the 02-05 Si.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honda sensing, auto climate control, 7+ inch touch screen radios, navi. All of those are nice, as options. But I don't want to be obliged to purchase them. The SI should cost less than the Touring, starting around the price of the EX-L. Only way to do that is to cut out some of the tech features.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Honda sensing, auto climate control, 7+ inch touch screen radios, navi. All of those are nice, as options. But I don't want to be obliged to purchase them. The SI should cost less than the Touring, starting around the price of the EX-L. Only way to do that is to cut out some of the tech features.
AGREED.

Make the entire Tech suite Optional. I'd even go so far to venture that the 2016 Civic Si should have a different instrument cluster. Could even be a simple change in color, but it definitely needs to be different then the regular ones.

Maybe a mechanical tach ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Manual (knob) for volume adjustment on sound system. Carplay or better mirroring of our phones that actually works.

Interior option that actually complements exterior color. Seats that don't stain from the slightest moisture.

And the biggie: better brakes. Definitely the weak link performance wise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
240hp/200tq are the magic numbers for me. LSD is a must. Would certainly prefer a manual transmission. Also keep it under 3000 lbs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts