10th Honda Civic Forum banner

2016 Wards 10 Best Interiors

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  B20Vtec 
#1 ·
Seems like the 10th gen Civic has earned a spot on the "2016 Wards Best Interiors" list. Apparently loads better than the 9th gen Civic. A few things pointed out were the black leather stripes down the seats, brushed-metallic trim, and the white stitching throughout. Do you think the interior on the 10th gens were that significantly better than the prior generations ? Here's a few snippets from the article.

"It more than makes up for the blah and basic ninth-gen Civic interior of five years ago and shatters expectations for what the passenger space in a C-car should look like."

"
Indicating luxury are white stitching on the steering wheel, seats, door panels and the center console, along with “possibly the most pleasing steering-wheel leather ever,” says judge Bob Gritzinger."

"
As much as Honda nails the car’s interior appearance and materials, the Civic also scores well on ergonomics, safety, comfort and fit-and-finish."

"Some people are slow to embrace the volume slider in lieu of a knob on the center stack, but it can be forgiven thanks to the steering wheel’s volume button/slider."

“This is, hands down, the best Civic in a long time,” says judge Dave Zoia.

See less See more
#4 ·
One thing I do like about the 9th is the color scheme they used. It's a perfect step up from what we've been used to in this segment.

However I would like to see them kick it up a notch, maybe doing what Scion did with the iA, 10th could use some perforated blue material:

#6 ·
It's not just the blue inserts, the looks like they cheaped out on the subaru sti materials. Blue inserts are fine as long as the right material is used and the right shade. That's just blindingly blue. *shiver*

I'm just glad Honda fixed the ugly dash in the 10th gen. It may not have two tiers but everything flows better.

#7 ·
Automakers are constantly improving their range of models to keep up with competitors. Often, upgrades do not only consist of internal advances like engine and power capabilities, but physicality also matters to consumers. Hence, the interior improvements are just as necessary to entice potential buyers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.