10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
love how it look as a hatch which from what I can see works out being an incremental step away from the sedan, nothing drastic, and that's how it should be.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love this, if I can get it in a Rallye Red Touring I'll probably trade my sedan for it then settle in for the long haul :)

Reactions: Smith

·
Registered
228 Posts
CarBuzz also lists the 1.5T at 200hp????? Looks like Honda underrated the 1.5T at 174hp, maybe thats why they are dynoing over that.....

·
Registered
922 Posts
CarBuzz also lists the 1.5T at 200hp????? Looks like Honda underrated the 1.5T at 174hp, maybe thats why they are dynoing over that.....
I think @carfun had a stock dyno pull of 168hp or something along those lines ? So it seems within spec of what Honda listed the power at

·
Registered
876 Posts
I love this, if I can get it in a Rallye Red Touring I'll probably trade my sedan for it then settle in for the long haul :)
Just make sure you get your order in as soon as possible, I bet some dealers have some deposits put down right now as i'm typing this. These will go fast.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think after the first 6 months the hatch will be readily available. I only wish the roof line extended a little further back so that the rear window was not as sloped. That would provide a bit more storage cubic feet, which is what I like hatches for.

All in all it looks pretty good in its sheep's clothing.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm actually really glad to see a rear-window wiper. Those are actually so darn helpful it's ridiculous. I loved the one on my Integra. I'm not too sure though, I'm not really feeling the hatch too much

·
Registered
66 Posts
I only wish the roof line extended a little further back so that the rear window was not as sloped.
Me too. Until the new Civic came along I was leaning heavily towards the VW Golf to replace my 2007 Honda Fit Sport 5 speed manual. Fuel economy & reliability should be better in the Civic, but the shorter length of the Golf is a big plus for me because my spot in the garage isn't very long. I've also been considering the Mazda 3 hatchback, but at 175.6" the path behind my car into the house starts to get squeezed. I don't know the length of the new Civic hatchback, but the sedan is 182.3". If absolutely necessary I can cut back the storage cabinets against the wall behind my car, but we never have enough storage. If my new car is going to require sacrificing storage space in the garage, I'd be inclined to get the Golf Sportwagen. Cargo capacity beats everything in this class, and with the rear seats down I could sleep in the back (not a bad option when reaching a trailhead too late to start the hike).

Ultimately it will come down to test drives -- how I like the ergonomics of the cockpit and the drivetrain & handling with manual transmission. But it seems to be a waste to have a relatively long car without maximizing cargo capacity, just for styling considerations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts