10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It has been confirmed, the 10th generation Civic Hatchback is set to be revealed at the upcoming Paris motor show taking place next month and Honda has released a teaser image ahead of the reveal.

The European market hatchback will feature the same design as the North American model except for small details like the indicators. Odd that they would only show the rear light cluster of the European model since the cat is already out of the bag as Honda released a rear three-quarter shot of the Sport Touring model.

All hatchbacks will be produced at Honda UK’s Swindon plant, which has received £200 million worth of investment to cater to the larger market. The United States will get first dibs on the five doors starting this month and those of you in Europe will have to wait until January to get yours.

Only the 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine will be offered in the US with an output of either 174 or 180 horsepower while those across the pond are expecting to get diesels too on top of potential petrol engine in 1.0-litre, 1.4-litre and 1.5- litre displacements.

Joining Honda’s new hatchback at the Paris show is the European launch of the Turkey made Civic sedan and the Jazz Spotlight Edition.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This month they will be here in the US????????? Is that confirmed??????
Nothing has been officially confirmed by honda... but multiple dealers have shown hatches already in transit... so yes, i'd say this month for hatches, Late October we'll see the rest of the 2017 coupe/sedan lineup.

·
Registered
876 Posts
might be time to start spying on lots that Honda dealers are using to store cars, chances are we could spot the hatch their before it shows at up a dealer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The dealer closest to me (and one of the two majors in town) shows no 2017 Civics in inventory. There are 33 sedans and 11 coupes of 2016 MY. As in past years, Honda requires dealers to sell down previous MY inventory to a certain level before they will release the new MY cars ordered by a dealership. The new stuff is held in the nearest regional distribution center until that threshold is met. If you could find out where the nearest DC is to you, a visit with binoculars might show something. There is one in a suburb near me, but it is very large and situated next to a rail yard and thus on private property. I'll wait for them to show up at the dealership. I'm sure my long time salesman at the dealership where I bought my Civics can tell me when and what, but I'm not interested until the 2018s, so I'm not going to bug him. He does all of the new car ordering for the dealership, so he knows what's in the pipeline.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Would the dealer closest to you stock hatchbacks even though they haven't sold off all of their coupes and civics? I can understand not getting the same 2017 models but the 5 door is different.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would the dealer closest to you stock hatchbacks even though they haven't sold off all of their coupes and civics? I can understand not getting the same 2017 models but the 5 door is different.
I know they have hatches on order. I don't know for sure that they will get them early. Logic tells me Honda wants the 2016s off the lots ASAP and the carrot is holding on to the new models until that level is met. Funny, I was checking inventory at a local large Chevy dealership (the Cruze hatches are in transit) and they still have a 2014 on the lot as new (less than 300 miles on the clock).

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I know they have hatches on order. I don't know for sure that they will get them early. Logic tells me Honda wants the 2016s off the lots ASAP and the carrot is holding on to the new models until that level is met. Funny, I was checking inventory at a local large Chevy dealership (the Cruze hatches are in transit) and they still have a 2014 on the lot as new (less than 300 miles on the clock).
Not shocking about Chevy... while honda/toyota are trying to get rid of their 2016 models i heard a commercial on the radio the other day for Chevy offering 20% off MSRP on 2015 models they still haven't sold. haha.

My local dealership (one of the largest in USA) has been slowly dwindling their supply of 2016s on their website. They've all but stopped getting in any new coupes, and new sedan arrivals have slowed too, no doubt to make room for the 2017 models by November.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are some hatch photos, one with the hatch open, one shows the non removable head rests, another shows a unique door skin (another line near the rear door handle).
These can be found on the Temple of vtec, civic forum,,, site.
Off topic, do the Honda singers on the new ad campaign, ring enthusiast chimes?

·
Registered
876 Posts
if the headrest isn't removable then it might be possible to tilt it down, I think some cars are like that, hopefully we have that option otherwise it will be weird. Something we have to get used to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just received an e-mail from Honda to sign up for a first test drive when the hatchbacks hit my dealer's lot. Also receive a brochure if you sign up. Guess it's just a short time away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts