10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get people opinion who has driven the 2017 Hacthback with 16, 17 and 18 tires. I would like to get your feedback on the ride experience on them. I am looking into comfort and performance. I know I have to test drive them to determine which I prefer. If I decided to get the LX 16 and wanted to put 17 later, what kind of rims brand should I get? Or should I stick with the stock rims from Honda?
I would really like to get people who had experience in all 3 and give me their honest opinion. Thank you in advance.

· Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get people opinion who has driven the 2017 Hacthback with 16, 17 and 18 tires. I would like to get your feedback on the ride experience on them. I am looking into comfort and performance. I know I have to test drive them to determine which I prefer. If I decided to get the LX 16 and wanted to put 17 later, what kind of rims brand should I get? Or should I stick with the stock rims from Honda?
I would really like to get people who had experience in all 3 and give me their honest opinion. Thank you in advance.
I have the 2017 hatchback sport. It comes standard with 18s and the ride is pretty comfortable. Most of the time it has to do with the kind of tires you buy. The Continental Contact Pro tires are amazing for the standard package. Obviously there are better tires, but as the stock option I don't have any complaints.

For winters I went down to 17s. I got a used set of 17" Enkei Si rims from the 9th gen and they're pretty good too. The previous owner got Michelin X-Ice 3s so those are obviously really good.

You'll be fine upgrading to the 17s later if you get the LX. Honda would charge an arm and a leg for OEM/Enkei rims. I suggest going aftermarket at one of your local shops. They have more variety and can usually get better deals. Just depends what kind of look you want to go for. As always, make sure you read reviews and do your research before buying. You get what you pay for. You can go for the more economical route and buy replicas. Some people are reluctant to buy reps. Just depends on your personal preference.

Hope that helps and best of luck! You won't regret getting the hatch!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.