10th Honda Civic Forum banner

2017 Civic shift boot

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Crash 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, and I'm trying to remove the shift knob and shift boot because i'm making a custom cover for the boot. I cant seem to figure out how to remove it.

I'm also in the market for a new shift knob but I cant seem to find one that fits my car (unless i'm not looking in the right place).

please help!!

#5 · (Edited)
Finally got around to finishing this. Used the top collar from a 2013 CR-Z EX 6MT shift boot along with the jam nut thing for the shift knob that the collar connects to. I have the CR-Z knob on for now, bit tall for my liking, but most any thread-on Honda compatible knob will work with this.

The jam nut is threaded onto the shift lever below the knob, and the boot snaps onto the nut. The knob threads on to the preferred height and angle, then the nut is tightened against it. Nothing loose, no rattles, no clinks when shifting.

honda part #s
77276-SZT-G11ZD - shift boot for collar
54103-SZT-000 - jam nut thing

Item 8:

Item 5:

ProCivic/ProImportTuners has a great how-to video on removing the center console on their Pro Car Studio channel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.