10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently I have been noticing an odd sound when starting up my civic hatch. It sounds like something related to the radiator but I am not sure. After the car is running for a few minutes the sound goes away.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
When i bought the car, and the car seller started up the car inside i noticed this sound too! I tought it was because it have not bin started for a while... I have not heard it since i got it!!
Maby it have something to do with the cooling, I realy not got a clue!

·
Registered
88 Posts
With the engine OFF, check to see if there is something, like a leaf near the radiator fan or shroud. You might want to post another video of you starting the car (love that remote start BTW), with the hood opened. I believe we have electric fans, so that should rule out the "fan belt" or serpentine belt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded a new video with the hood open. Not the best lighting but I can re-upload with more light in a few days.

I checked for leafs but I do not see any also I usually park my car in the garage as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey- Did you ever find the issue with the cold start up sound? My 2019 Honda Civic Hatch EX makes the exact same noise and has since new. The car runs flawless but the sound is disturbing. I’m at service right now getting a oil change and trying to find my car used on lot to hear if it starts the same. No luck though. Hoping you figured it out or it’s just the way it sounds?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts