10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Spy photographers have done it again! This time, they’ve caught what looks to be the 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe in action.

There’s minimal camouflage with only a smattering of it covering the coupe’s front and rear bumper. From what we can make out, the front facia looks to be a lot more aggressive than the standard Civic with large, angular vents on either side of the ventral air intake. Maybe these vents will be similar in size to the ones found on the coupe’s concept model.

Another change seems to be face where the Honda logo is usually located. The chrome strip’s general shape and size seems to have remained unchanged so it’s a mystery as to what changes Honda has made.

Also, we can see a cooling feature behind the lower intake. It could be an intercooler for the rumored 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s borrowed from the Civic Type R. The engine’s power output may be tuned to produce around 220 to 230 horsepower. Maybe there’s some truth to this rumor because the mule is sporting a large center exhaust pipe similar to where the new Type R’s exhaust is mounted, but instead of three ventrally mounted outlets, the Si mule has one.

AutoBlog’s spy photographers also managed to take a few shots of the interior. On the inside, there’s a six-speed manual transmission and red stitching can be found on the steering wheel and bolstered seats.

We’re expecting the new Civic Si to go on sale next year so it may debut later this year or early next year at the larger auto shows.

Spied Honda Civic Si Album

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hmm... I definitely hope its the 2.0 from the Type R. Basically just taking away all the fancy track spec stuff and getting the raw car and engine. That's good enough for me

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The exhaust looks like the end of my old vacuum cleaner. Odd that they covered up the shiny chrome part and the rear badge, the general shape doesn't seem to have been changed, maybe the badges have been switched out for the Type R red ones!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please tell me the tail will be on the production model (like the concept). It really takes away from the look of the car without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts