10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2017 Civic Touring here. Looking to get input from owners of similar vehicles on the quality of the sound system. The audio in my car sounds pathetic when the car is being driven. Tinny, flat, and terribly unappealing. Fiddling with the sub woofer adds a nice annoying "thump" to music but does nothing to improve quality. Oddly enough the sound isn't as bad when the car is standing still. So, I'm trying to work out if there is actually a problem with the system, the problem is the road noise dampening is inferior to what I'm used to, or if something else is going on. I've tried resetting to default settings and also adjusting various sound elements with pretty sad results. Changing DTS and speed-sensitive settings also had no beneficial results. I'd really like to know other's opinions of this system and if they've had similar problems.

Please and thanks for any feedback.

ps. I'm new here. If this is the wrong forum for Q&A I apologize. Post where I should move it and I will.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
You don't mention the body style? Is it the hatch?

Hatchback cars typically have lousier audio due to the lack of an enclosed trunk, although I'd agree that none of the factory Honda stereos I've ever had sounded any good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts