10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new 2018 Civic LX manual.

Does anyone here have any prices they've paid recently or dealer invoices, etc?

Thanks for any advice/help!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Pricing varies by region with a variety of destination charges added or removed. Specific dealers get better pricing, which allows them to offer greater "deals" than others. Whether you trade in a vehicle and the desirability and value of your trade will also affect the final pricing of your new car purchase.

That being said, every car purchase is different. It would be great if it was like going to Walmart to buy toilet paper (walk in, find the product, pay a fixed price, leave), but somewhere along the line the auto industry deviated from legitimate fixed price sales, regardless of dealers who advertise that this is how they operate.

In the end, you'll end up paying whatever they are willing to sell it to you for. Good luck on playing "Let's Make A Deal".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Price, negotiate/haggle!

Never pay sticker price no matter how well they say they are selling! Check with Costco if you are a member. There is usually only one dealer in any given area, but if you can 'sweat talk' them into something in writing other dealers will usually match the price. I did this on my automatic & ended up getting about $4000+ off with some additional negotiation! I was pretty pleased with myself! Be careful of add ons, etc & don't tell them how you are paying or how much down until the last minute (they make money on financing so if they think they can make money on that they will give a better price up front). I did get them to throw in an extended warranty (not the one they were originally trying to sell me) because of the extensive electronics on the EXL, one camera, touch screen, etc goes out & it may be worth paying for. I don't recommend most finish treatments, they cover small dents, but not hail or chipped paint. Also if they don't have the trim/color you want, they can see what is on the factory build list for other dealers as well (they can transfer or you can go there & get price match usually). Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Southeastern Virginia with about 5 dealers in my area.

Does anyone think $17,900 total cost for a 2018 LX manual is feasible?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts