10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The splash shield on my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring came off and is no longer usable. Honda doesn’t sell the metal engine shield separately. Instead, they sell the entire shield kit for $500+. (1) how important is it to replace & (2) does anyone know where I can find one at a lower price for my vehicle? I can’t locate it anywhere for my model. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
239 Posts
(1) how important is it to replace
That depends up what you mean by "important". Cars are expensive to build, and contrary to popular belief there are no superfluous parts on any car built today. Looking at economies of scale, a manufacturer's savings of $1.00 per car adds up to a lot over a six-year model run with 150,000+ cars produced every year. If your Civic didn't need that lower shield then believe me: Honda wouldn't have put one there.

So to your question: How important is it to replace? It's pretty important. Your car won't blow up or (maybe) start on fire as a result of leaving it off, but it was designed, manufactured, and assembled with those parts intact for a good reason. You should use your best discretion from there.

(2) does anyone know where I can find one at a lower price for my vehicle?
You've probably asked The Goggle about this part, similar to the multiple threads you've commented on regarding the same. The short answer is "NO"; nobody makes one in the aftermarket (yet) so you're going to have to buy one from Honda. If you are unable (or unwilling) to pay the best price you can find online I'd recommend looking for a local "U-Pull-It" or LKQ yard and installing a used one. As they're fairly large and cumbersome and I don't see any scrappers offering them up (shipped) for cheap either, so a local yard is your best bet.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you talking about the metal skid plate and other plastic crap underneath I took the metal skid plate off cause mine was bent when I bought it and some other plastic stuff underneath which also makes it much easier to work on without having to replace all those parts every time I work on my car

·
Registered
2 Posts
The splash shield on my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring came off and is no longer usable. Honda doesn’t sell the metal engine shield separately. Instead, they sell the entire shield kit for $500+. (1) how important is it to replace & (2) does anyone know where I can find one at a lower price for my vehicle? I can’t locate it anywhere for my model. Thanks!!
Shop Ebay - found this one @ $167.xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts