10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
The screws on my Civic's front and rear license plates are rusted and/or oxidized. I would like to replace the screws, but I'm having trouble matching up the size to that of the hardware store. These screws are for the license plates, not for the license plate frames. Would your recommend going to the dealer or some of the local auto parts stores? Has anyone replaced these screws and know the sizes? The front license screws have a hex head and are thicker than the rear license plate screws. The rear license plate screws appear to have a round head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,
The screws on my Civic's front and rear license plates are rusted and/or oxidized. I would like to replace the screws, but I'm having trouble matching up the size to that of the hardware store. These screws are for the license plates, not for the license plate frames. Would your recommend going to the dealer or some of the local auto parts stores? Has anyone replaced these screws and know the sizes? The front license screws have a hex head and are thicker than the rear license plate screws. The rear license plate screws appear to have a round head.
Most any 1/2 inch long sheet metal screws from your local Depot store will work. Buy four- replace four.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no luck finding screws that would work at Home Depot. I went to one of the local Honda dealers and got 4 new screws for both front and rear license plates. Good to go. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts