10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the 2022 Honda Civic is unsafe to be on the road when the LKAS is used. The LKAS follows Ghost lines, wanders inside the lanes, pulls into the sid eof big truck when passing at high speeds and in many certain weather condition make it unsafe to drive in. This LKAS Defect is not disclosed when you purchase the car and you will later find out and may even have an accident. Honda refuses to acknowlege this defect in writing but the service will tell you it is unsafe and to turn it off when driving, several thousand dollars out of your pocket for something they tell you to not use.

· Registered
11 Posts
So I own a 2020 honda civic si .. it has a lil over 44k and the clutch went out followed the flywheel and throw out bearing … they want 3700 to fix and there extended warranty don’t cover the clutch .. if anybody else had to deal with this did you have to pay out of pocket or did they help u repair it or what actions can I take to try and get a lil win on my behalf and not straight screwed with no libe or enjoyment Please message back at [email protected]

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I own a 2020 honda civic si .. it has a lil over 44k and the clutch went out followed the flywheel and throw out bearing … they want 3700 to fix and there extended warranty don’t cover the clutch .. if anybody else had to deal with this did you have to pay out of pocket or did they help u repair it or what actions can I take to try and get a lil win on my behalf and not straight screwed with no libe or enjoyment Please message back at [email protected]
At 44K miles you should not need a new clutch unless your a new driver or have abused the clutch. I would recommend calling a lemon law attorney in your area. The Abeel Law firm may handle your case. If you have an extended warranty it should cover the clutch as well. Beware it depend son the service writer whether or not the clutch is covered. Remember the warranty does not pay the mechanic the same pay as you would pay so the desire to fix it under warranty is far less. I know this fact because I worked for Cadillac, Ford, Gm and Chrysler for over 16 years and dealt with these kind of problems. Many times I did work under warranty when other times the same repair was not covered because of how a service writer felt about the customer, I have seen some say go screw yourself it is not covered and other time the same repair was covered, depend on the writer and how they word your repair order.
BTW if the clutch chattered before it went out the clutch springs would cause the problem, a sticking slave cylinder can cause it, riding the clutch can cause it, be nice to the service writer and mechanic and they can and have the power to put it under warranty. Good Luck.
Also if your 2022 Honda Civic has the LKAS defect please report it to NHTSA, we need help on this getting this defect recalled..

· Registered
11 Posts
At 44K miles you should not need a new clutch unless your a new driver or have abused the clutch. I would recommend calling a lemon law attorney in your area. The Abeel Law firm may handle your case. If you have an extended warranty it should cover the clutch as well. Beware it depend son the service writer whether or not the clutch is covered. Remember the warranty does not pay the mechanic the same pay as you would pay so the desire to fix it under warranty is far less. I know this fact because I worked for Cadillac, Ford, Gm and Chrysler for over 16 years and dealt with these kind of problems. Many times I did work under warranty when other times the same repair was not covered because of how a service writer felt about the customer, I have seen some say go screw yourself it is not covered and other time the same repair was covered, depend on the writer and how they word your repair order.
BTW if the clutch chattered before it went out the clutch springs would cause the problem, a sticking slave cylinder can cause it, riding the clutch can cause it, be nice to the service writer and mechanic and they can and have the power to put it under warranty. Good Luck.
Also if your 2022 Honda Civic has the LKAS defect please report it to NHTSA, we need help on this getting this defect recalled..
Yeah I’m not a new driver I’ve been driving a manual for over 20 years .. and what’s crazy is it was shifting fine hit was just not catching gears when it finally starts to grab a gear it would lag for a good 5-10 seconds then rev to about 5k rpm then start to roll out .. top speed with all 6gears 65 mph straight bullshit

· Registered
11 Posts
O yeah what is the lkas defect even is so if u could explain that .. there is no lights on my dash .. but this is what Honda wrote up yesterday at the shop for me and then had my car running and waiting outside for me after they told me the news. That none of that is covered and it’s on me so dealer I got it from I snapped out and they towed it like 60miles to diagnose there now so don’t know if they are gonna replace for nothing or try my intelligence
Receipt Material property Font Rectangle Paper

· Registered
11 Posts
Nevermind yes my car has that stay in your lane type thing that shits dangerous as **** bro
Specially how the lines don’t stay solid once it fully loads itself and fills bars solid and then it will bounce between the lines

· Registered
2020 Honda Civic Sport 4 Door Sedan 2.0L
4 Posts
A Clutch or any component of the clutch system will NOT!!! be covered by any vehicle manufacturers warranty even if the vehicle still has factory coverage. (Read your warranty agreement do not assume everything is covered by a warranty because it is NOT.) The reason behind this is that a clutch disc, brake linings, tires, battery, suspension components, ect. are considered wear items and will incur wear regardless of how the vehicle is operated. There are many factors that need to be considered and determined why the clutch failed at such an early mileage. Some of those considerations may hurt your pride and you have to be honest with yourself. Do you know how to properly operate a clutch? Are you slipping the clutch too much? Do you drive a lot of city stop & go traffic? Are you abusing the car? Are you pretending your Mario Andretti and racing the car? Does the clutch system have an under lying hydraulic problem? Very unlikely a clutch disc failed for no reason. Clutches have been in automobiles since the invention was created. These are the facts. A dealership may cover partial cost but this would mostly be a good will gesture to help keep you a satisfied customer. They will not cover any if they determine it was caused by abuse or misuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts