10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This price seems too good to be true. This is $1200 lower than what I could get from any of my local dealerships. Anyone have any idea how they can sell it this low? I also confirmed that the only other costs would be $114 for wheel locks and a $168 doc fee.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well invoice is 22,942 so who knows. If you like the car I would go for it.

My guess is these cars will have deals soon because really we are 'Beta Testers' since these just came out and they need them on the road as advertisements. There are bugs and kinks in these (first model year) vehicles and you will probably need to go to dealer to resolve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that with all the document fees and anything the dealership wants to charge for processing?
Yes, the only other costs would be for tax, title, and licensing. I was lucky enough to get a dealership located much closer to me to match that price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I got a quote from my local dealer, $22,851 base price for a 2016 EX-L (no sensing or anything). I thought that was pretty good, but I guess not!

·
Registered
876 Posts
So I got a quote from my local dealer, $22,851 base price for a 2016 EX-L (no sensing or anything). I thought that was pretty good, but I guess not!
Always best to call and ask around as you just never know how much better it can be elsewhere, it might even be something that helps you negotiate with a dealer that might be much closer to you that charges more. Some will even try to beat a cheaper price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lowest I could get was $22,114, but my trade in complicated things.... Just put my deposit in for the original dealer to locate one. ***/Ivory EX-L

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got my Rally Red EX-T with clear bra, 8 year warranty (with gap insurance as bundle) for $21,390. Dealership does not charge fee.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
o_O The deals just keeps getting better and better. Maybe people can use $21,390 as a benchmark of what they can get.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Car makers selling entry-level compacts will hate this because those city car compacts are just under the $20k mark and from what it seems you spend a few thousand more and get a Civic, which to me is more for my money. Plus these will hold value better over the long haul.

Some people can benefit even more by buying a used 2016 Civic, by now there should be a good amount of them on the market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts