10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid a little over 23 thousand for a Touring. Negotiated down from 27 thousand. Very happy with the deal, and the dealership. >:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was your approach to negotiating the price?
Don't be afraid to get up and walk out of the dealership.
But I also was dealing with an excellent dealership that does not rob customers.
It appears their motto is to make profit by volume, not by robbing each customer blind.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm honestly considering it. Maybe in the spring. By then i should have a good down payment lined up. :)
If your credit score is over 800 you can get one no money down, though I think you need to pay the taxes and registration up front.
I test drove a couple of them, an EXL with Sensing, and also the Touring, and no question hands down, the touring had to be mine. I love the LED headlights on the Touring, and the 450 watt stereo the Touring has is killer. I know I'm going to love it. :x
I take delivery of it tomorrow afternoon, can't wait!!! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No money down? That makes me nervous. You'd have higher monthly payments, and it just feels more risky.
If you have perfect credit you can get away with no money down on a new one.
I chose to put 4k down because 1. I dont have 800+ credit score, and 2. I wanted low payments.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Invoice price on a Touring is $25,444. A little over $23,000 is amazing! Great job
Sticker on mine says 27k, but I'm still excited I got her for 23k :D
Just picked her up tonight at 7pm, sadly it is pouring out so I did not get any photos yet, but definitely going to be taking some when it dries out!
OMG she's amazing!!
First thing that shocked me tho, is no CD player. I did not know it doesn't have one. Not a big deal for me because I always listen to XM radio anyway.
Can't wait for tomorrow to take her out!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's at amazing deal! The most I've ever seen (in Seattle) for any model is about 700 off Msrp, and the selections are scarce here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
No cs player and no auxiliary jack? Wtf Honda? Geez. I want to listen to CD quality music. I still buy cd's, convert them to FLAC and then they collect dust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Such a great deal!!! Yes, I got mine for $845 under MSRP with a true car certificate, and about $600 over blue book for my trade-in Mini which I thought was a great deal in Seattle. (Choosing to believe the total package is $1445 under MSRP). One dealer would only give me $145 under MSRP (although it did include all their stupid add ons plus a 7-year oil change package).

Overall, I'm happy I purchased now and didn't wait. However, something strange happened on the way to pick up my Touring. A few blocks from my house driving my Mini, the radio started popping and crackling and we had to stop driving because we thought the car was blowing up. Even after the engine was off the loud popping continued and I even thought I smelled smoke. Basically we drove to the dealer and turned in the Mini and didn't look back...I think my Harmon Kardon speakers were giving up the ghost. I think it was a sign...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Read on the owner's manual that models with color audio system has an auxiliary button so I assume there would be an auxiliary port too. Odd that they left it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could I see you buyers order from the dealer?

Don't want to say I don't believe the price, but $4000 off on the new Civic touring? What would really help is a picture of the buyers order from the dealer with all of your personal information covered.
We can all trust but in this case verify...

·
Registered
143 Posts
If there was a trade-in involved, you can't look at the sale price of the new vehicle. You can only compare sales where there is no trade in. This is common sense. They 'low ball' the trade in vehicle because they can sell it for a big profit.

If you can get a Touring for $25,000 including destination, you are doing really good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree $25,000 would be a phenomenal deal right now on a Civic Touring. Here in the Midwest they are much closer to sticker but that is because there is just not the inventory.
I know there is a lot of excitement when we buy our new Civics but I like to see what people are really paying. I agree, a trade and the dealer can work magic on the numbers. That is why I would love to see the contract (minus the personally identifying information) and see the actual price paid.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts