10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up an OWP Civic Touring yesterday and LOVE it. I tried out the speaker system just now with songs with bass and find that there is a loose rattling sound in the back speakers during bass. Can others with the same speaker system let me know how theirs is like? It sounds like the plastic molding might be vibrating or loose. I will be getting it checked out tomorrow or the next day but wanted to get some insight from you guys on the forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Proud owner here of Touring *** with Ivory interior!!
You've got a problem, dude.
My sound is "off da hook!!" The sound is incredible, no rattling or anything. Yours should be the same.
Take it back! Matthew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yupp you have a problem for sure my sound system sounds great no vibrations from my speakers take it back and they should be able to help you out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts everyone. I brought it to the dealer they said they'll have a look and I made an appointment. will keep this updated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up a Touring last night and have the exact same back vibration with the bass. In fact, it can be so bad that I have to turn the station/source at times. I'm definitely going to have the look at it early next week when they take a look at my climate temperature problem. I don't get the temperature readings on the upper left and right of my touchscreen. The heat controls work fine, but I can't tell what they are set to. They tried to look into the issue as I was doing the paper work, but couldn't figure it out before they closed for the night. They did a full computer system reboot and it didn't help. I'm hoping the temp sensors are just disconnected or something along those lines and not registering on the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Sup191, I work for Honda Automobile Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would definitely have a Honda dealership check out the vehicle. Would you be able to provide me your email or best contact # so we can reach you...if you have a Twitter account, please follow and DM us. Would love to connect to see how we can help!

Thank you,

Sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Sup191, I work for Honda Automobile Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would definitely have a Honda dealership check out the vehicle. Would you be able to provide me your email or best contact # so we can reach you...if you have a Twitter account, please follow and DM us. Would love to connect to see how we can help!

Thank you,

Sam

Thanks Sam for reply! I called in a few hours ago to my dealer here in Milwaukee and they scheduled me for a 2 pm appointment tomorrow to address both the vibrating rear deck along with the climate temperature readings not showing up on the display. I'll be sure to post back here after the service visit to let everyone know if the two situations were resolved. I'll send you my info via a PM on here.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts

Thank you,

Sam

Thank you VERY MUCH for being on here and being on top of requests. This is a great example of customer service and while I am not yet a Civic owner seeing this would make me one. (Were I not already planning on it) It is appreciated again, and welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad to help! We love hearing from our customers and you're always able to share your concerns and experience with us on Twitter @HondaCustSvc anytime. Have a great week!

Thank you,

Sam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Sam for reply! I called in a few hours ago to my dealer here in Milwaukee and they scheduled me for a 2 pm appointment tomorrow to address both the vibrating rear deck along with the climate temperature readings not showing up on the display. I'll be sure to post back here after the service visit to let everyone know if the two situations were resolved. I'll send you my info via a PM on here.

Thanks again!
Any resolution?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received a call from the dealership's sales manager last Wednesday stating that he's aware of the issue I'm having with the rattling and despite Honda not having a resolution at this time, he's going to try setting me up with a local stereo installer (who's close to the dealership) to dynamat the back deck and eliminate the vibrations. He said he knows that Honda's response of "just turn the bass down or off" is not a satisfying answer to an obvious problem with a brand new car - especially since I have the settings on default and am not blasting the bass like I'm in a competition. He said he'd call me this week and I'm going to give him until Thursday before reaching out to him. I'll keep this thread updated with the issue until it gets resolved to possibly help anybody else experiencing the same.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I received a call from the dealership's sales manager last Wednesday stating that he's aware of the issue I'm having with the rattling and despite Honda not having a resolution at this time, he's going to try setting me up with a local stereo installer (who's close to the dealership) to dynamat the back deck and eliminate the vibrations. He said he knows that Honda's response of "just turn the bass down or off" is not a satisfying answer to an obvious problem with a brand new car - especially since I have the settings on default and am not blasting the bass like I'm in a competition. He said he'd call me this week and I'm going to give him until Thursday before reaching out to him. I'll keep this thread updated with the issue until it gets resolved to possibly help anybody else experiencing the same.
thanks for the update. do you know if yours is a totally isolated issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the update. do you know if yours is a totally isolated issue?
It was the only Touring they had gotten in when I bought it, so they don't have anything else to compare it to. When I noticed that a couple people on this forum also had the same issue with their new Touring, I was relived it wasn't just me. I had a 2012 and 2015 Si before this car, and both had rattling from the back deck, although the 2012 was much worse and also included door rattles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just received a call from my dealership's sales manager and I have an appointment tomorrow for a local professional audio shop (a block from the dealership) to look into the issue and do what needs to be done to resolve any rattling. They are also going to provide me a loaner car while the work is being done. So far, the dealership has done an excellent job of helping identify and resolve this issue. I will once again report back after the audio shop has done their work and let you know if the issue has been fully resolved.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts