10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a current 13 Si sedan owner who's very interested in a 16 Si Coupe. I like this forum so far and hope it doesn't devolve into a clone of the 9th gen forum (yes, I know they are from the same company.)

I left the 9th gen forum after it became overrun with people who want to talk about their political views more than cars. I avoid the obvious thread titles but the long-time trolls (who IMHO include several so-called mods) tend to bleed their "opinions" in car threads.

So, please keep this site about cars as much as possible and less about guns and politics and I'll be an active member. If not, hopefully an competing website will emerge like 9th civic.com.

Thanks for listening and looking forward to the 10 Gen!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Haven't read anything about guns on this forum so far, and politics have been largely kept to things that have to do with cars and business. Maybe a Donald Trump joke or two.

Glad to have you here!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi,

I'm a current 13 Si sedan owner who's very interested in a 16 Si Coupe. I like this forum so far and hope it doesn't devolve into a clone of the 9th gen forum (yes, I know they are from the same company.)

I left the 9th gen forum after it became overrun with people who want to talk about their political views more than cars. I avoid the obvious thread titles but the long-time trolls (who IMHO include several so-called mods) tend to bleed their "opinions" in car threads.

So, please keep this site about cars as much as possible and less about guns and politics and I'll be an active member. If not, hopefully an competing website will emerge like 9th civic.com.

Thanks for listening and looking forward to the 10 Gen!
hey man welcome to the boards! I can sympathize where you're coming from. Its certainly not Obamas fault that Honda isn't going to offer Championship Yellow in thr 2016s paint pallet... but that doesn't mean Cars and Politics are mutually exclusive.

I'm sure you're aware of whats been going ton recently re Dieselgate, the Takata thing and GM since 2008, those are all deeply tied to political systems. Weather we're talking about motivations for action, motivation for inaction or even consequences... couple good reads for you if you're up for it

Europe vs US re Diesels http://dailykanban.com/2015/10/carl...dieselgate-exploitation-the-times-was-fooled/

US vs Japan, which market is ACTUALLY more closed to imports http://dailykanban.com/2015/10/uk-r...roit-cant-stop-bitching-about-closed-markets/

and Germany vs US, this is a long time open wound festering over the Opel thing supposedly http://dailykanban.com/2015/10/behind-the-volkswagen-scandal-a-car-cold-war-simmers/

(soory, Kanban is my go to ahah)

Once again welcome to the show, glad to have you along for the ride!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Welcome, and we'll see how this forum progresses. I'm a mod on another (honda) forum owned by this company and there is little to no drama there. If I happened to become a mod on here I'd try to keep the stupid down to a minimum lol. I'm darn easy going but there are limits to everything and how the mods act affect the whole forum pretty quickly.

Hope this forum is great; now we just have to build it that way!

I came very, very close to buying a '13 Si Sedan but when I went to go test drive and buy it they did not have the car. Anywhere. I had called the day before and verified it was there! Frustrating to say the least as I had my down payment in hand. I went and leased a Abarth from a dealer 3 miles away that same morning. I love that Abarth but not sure the value will be there to make purchasing when lease is up so I may turn it in and get me an Si this time around, hence me being on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the kind replies, I'm looking forward to reading and occasionally participating in the forum. Also thanks for keeping me informed of all the latest news about the 10th gen.

@Razer, I really like my 13 Si sedan but always loved the small cars with a go-cart like feel. Hoping the 10th gen coupe might give that to me. I've never driven an Abarth but it was on my short list when shopping last time.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You're welcome. I think I have contributed a bit, wish I could throw more on the forum, but at this point it seems like we're at a dead point.... knowing and speculating as much as we can. Now we just need to see more from Honda (hopefully they're reading this)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks for all the kind replies, I'm looking forward to reading and occasionally participating in the forum. Also thanks for keeping me informed of all the latest news about the 10th gen.

@Razer, I really like my 13 Si sedan but always loved the small cars with a go-cart like feel. Hoping the 10th gen coupe might give that to me. I've never driven an Abarth but it was on my short list when shopping last time.
brake vectoring is going to make the new Civic feel like it rotates a whole bunch better >:)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
brake vectoring is going to make the new Civic feel like it rotates a whole bunch better >:)
Am i over simplifying or wouldn't torque vectoring with the brakes technically wear them out quicker? While i am super excited honda has put this type of feature into the civic, shows they really do care about performance... brake pad life is a concern.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Am i over simplifying or wouldn't torque vectoring with the brakes technically wear them out quicker? While i am super excited honda has put this type of feature into the civic, shows they really do care about performance... brake pad life is a concern.
you have a point, but as far as I understand its just a quick pulse of the inside wheels brake, its more for scrubbing speed off the inside wheel instead of overspeeding the outside one. I think the extra wear we're talking about is marginal, plus they work off the back brakes which aren't as stressed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd say if you have questions about the torque vectoring, maybe check out some Focus ST forums or reviews as they use a similar system.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I came very, very close to buying a '13 Si Sedan but when I went to go test drive and buy it they did not have the car. Anywhere. I had called the day before and verified it was there! Frustrating to say the least as I had my down payment in hand. I went and leased a Abarth from a dealer 3 miles away that same morning. I love that Abarth but not sure the value will be there to make purchasing when lease is up so I may turn it in and get me an Si this time around, hence me being on this forum.
Has the Abarth been reliable to you? I came very, very, close myself to buying a heavily discounted new Abarth from my local dealer. That car is a riot to drive around. Ultimately, I passed because I want to keep my next car for at least 5 years and I was not ready to take a leap of faith on Fiat/Chrysler quality (and depreciation). So I'm interested to know if the Abarth has been Honda-reliable for you. I'm counting on the 10th gen to be a dependable choice for me.

Regarding forums, one of the main reasons why I have frequented forums in the past is for the community of people, not just the cars. The actions we take and the attitudes we have toward one another on here largely shape how the forum "feels". Let's all be open-minded and not attack each other. Hopefully there will be some strong mods soon who know when to put people in their place before petty disagreements escalate.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Has the Abarth been reliable to you? I came very, very, close myself to buying a heavily discounted new Abarth from my local dealer. That car is a riot to drive around. Ultimately, I passed because I want to keep my next car for at least 5 years and I was not ready to take a leap of faith on Fiat/Chrysler quality (and depreciation). So I'm interested to know if the Abarth has been Honda-reliable for you. I'm counting on the 10th gen to be a dependable choice for me.

Amazingly, yes the Abarth has been "Honda" reliable for me so far. I have had it a little longer than two years and have only been to the dealer one time and that was just recently after two full years. Had a little rattle in the drivers door and a TPMS sensor had failed. The rattle was the window regulator slightly loose and they had that fixed in literally 5 minutes.

My single biggest concern when getting it was reliability and that was why I went to get the Honda that day as I was scared. In the end I got the Abarth for 19k out the door and decided to take a leap of faith and I'm glad I did. Still have people asking about it at stoplights and people still don't know what it is. An absolute hoot to drive, my main complaint is depreciation as I got a screaming deal on mine and still it is not worth now what I will owe at the end of my lease if I tried to purchase it! I'll reluctantly give it back I assume and likely end up with an Si.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts